Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    It's totally optional, and would you not be content with NO more updates? Just imagine its not there and you'll be fine.

2. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    What Hodapp said. Its completely optional and you're not forced to pay anything beyond the initial purchase price unless you desire to. Bike Baron is and will always be full game with all the content when played with the titular character Baron

3. Staeit

Staeit Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I usually loathe the idea of in app purchases, but this time it is different. you guys have obviously worked tirelessly providing what, 3 major updates over the last month? i have never seen so many significant updates. the levels and general gameplay are completely addicting and i guarantee that as soon as this update is released I will make my first in app purchase.

on a side note, however, it would be nice to see some bugs addressed in future updates. multitasking doesnt work properly now (freezes and you often have to kill the app fully to get it to work again; it just hangs for about 20 seconds. not a massive deal but definitely worth fixing. also sometimes it is possible for your bike tire to get stuck in an object.

4. deto

deto Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Artist, Developer, Designer
    We'd love to fix this one but saddly its, at least not for now, impossible for us. The physics inaccuracies are the price we have to pay for pretty visuals and more complex levels... And the physics inaccuracies due to speed are what causes the sinking wheel :(

As for the freezing. I hope the update's optimizations help in it, but its probably related to low memory of the device.. Bike Baron eats quite a bit of it

5. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Have any of you guys noticed that there is John Gore from Minigore in Bike Baron as well? Can you find him? ;)

6. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Whaaaaa?

7. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    What? Where?

Just a question about the Santa IAP. Do I get to ride as Santa? And if that's what it is, is he an easy character like domovoi or a difficult one like Baron?

Am certainly buying the IAP even if it is just a santa sticker stuck somewhere on the options menu. Have got wayyyyyy more playtime out of Bike Baron than what I should have at 1 dollar.

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Just figured out you guys have a blog. And that you are running a contest for user created levels. ANd there's an iPad as a prize? Why is no one making any noise about it? :confused:

Also... you guys should make a Baron action figure! Really, you should.

9. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I don't care when this dev adds in app purchase, because it's not that you NEED to purchase it. I purchase them anyway just to support this developer, because they are awesome.

10. TobiasP

TobiasP Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Online Editor @ Fishlabs
    Hamburg / Germany
    For some very stupid reason I passed this by when it was offered for free a couple of weeks ago. Now I bought it and can't stop playing it. Great game... very addictive and inventive! :)

11. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    It......was never offered for free. Maybe you're thinking of flip riders?

12. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Bike Baron was never free, and there is no reason for it to be free either :) I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the game (I hope we are both talking about BB as I'm confused by your message). Anyway, enjoy! :)

13. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Oh come on, don't tell me you can't see him!

You get to ride as both difficulties in santa pack and with different characters as well! Oh, and thanks for the support! ;)

We will start to brag about the contest more as it gets closer to the end. We are also adding new ice material which is totally mega awesome, so I have a feeling many people will be re-doing and tweaking their levels even more.

Action figur would be rad! And if we get any offers from action figures companies I'm sure we won't hesitate ;)

Exactly as you said :) It's completely optional to buy the IAP, and the update still contains plenty of free stuff, like new levels, ice material etc. Thanks for supporting us! That's exactly the reason why we will be able to keep updating this game..

14. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    I really cant find John Gore
    Any hints?
    What exactly is in the santa pack besides the new characters?
    Btw im totally gonna buy the IAP!!!

15. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

#915 qwiboo, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    Bike Baron UPDATE 3 is OUT! Featuring new ice material, 5 new levels and Santa Pack!

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

16. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    @Qwiboo

AF's are so rad :D I just got Uncharted 3 statue and is so well made.If you ever decide to make a figure,I won't hesitate to buy it.It would be cool if you could make one with Baron on a wheelie with the cat on the back of the bike :D Also a Domovoi figure would be awesome too (maybe a single pack with both of them :D )

P.S.You did an amazing job with BB.I am a very pleased customer and Hardcore gamer.

17. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    What does the IAP include?

18. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Found him! Right there in front of me, haha nice!

19. O__o

O__o Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Another very nice update, thanks :). New material is a cool ;) (see what I did there) idea.
    But please integrate iCloud for save games!

20. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk

+1 for icloud saves, more and more games are finally giving us this and I don't see any reason not to.