Universal Danmaku Unlimited 2 (+ Lite Version) by Sunny Tam

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 1, 2013.

1. You guys are just jealous, cause you aren't playing Star Strikers on your iphone's with an icade core joystick!

Attached : striped stickers being played with an icade core joystick... ;)

Attached Files:

2. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Just letting you guys know that to celebrate the 5th birthday of the app store, Danmaku Unlimited series is going on sale today and Storm Strikers will be FREE for this weekend!

oh and also the demo for PC version of Danmaku Unlimited 2 is available now :)

3. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I pray to the shooter gods every night for Storm Strikers 2. Will they grant this mere mortal his wish?

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Damn - tried to run the PC demo running Vista 64 bit, and it it said it couldn't compile the shaders...

Oh well...

Hope the problem is figured out fairly easily... or that it's just on my end. =oP

Anywho... sucks to hear that DU2 wasn't profitable. It really is the best BH title on mobile devices (IMO, of course)... and definitely in my top 3 releases of the year.

But it's really great to hear that you're still working on something. It's going to be a VERY sad day when Mr. Sunny Tam quits making mobile games. I may just have my own little ceremony then... and grieve for a month... and then another month... =o/

5. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    That's if he quits. We should not talk of such things. I am going to imagine what Storm Strikers 2 would look like on my 4S instead. Ahhhh... Ohhhh....

6. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Interesting, it seems people are having trouble running it on vista, have you tried updating your graphics drivers? It needs to be able to support OpenGL 2.0 or above. We're truly living in the future when our phones are more powerful than the tower on our desks :)

7. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #387 SumoSplash, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    Bumpidy Bump Bump goes The Bumper in the Night.

This game is awesome.

Buy it. Now.

EDIT:

Or I'll find you.

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Due to slow weeks i fell in love again with shmups. Bought, and what can i say, buy it folks. Great, great game !

9. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Funny... I've never fallen out of love with them. Some things, once you're bit...

Spread the word of Danmaku 2 so the great Sunny Tam will get more recognition, more downloads, more money, and we get Storm Strikers 2.

Oh and Sunny, do me a favor and thank Blankfield. Being the metalhead I am, I really appreciate the soundtrack, especially levels 3 and 4. So awesome.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    In my case, i was never a huge shmup fan. Twas Danmaku Unlimited 2 that showed me a world i've been missing in my past gaming years.

11. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Welcome to the dark side, EP. Glad you could join us.

12. It saddens me a little that all of us are labeled on the darkside after some honest comments about the new trend in making shmups into endless runners like they did to Lightning Fighter 2 and Abyss Attack.

It saddens me even more to see comments like syntheticvoids above saying this game wasn't profitable, and seeing every shmup game thread nowadays turn into a huge flamewar over freemium issues, nag timers, $100 ships, etc.

I remember a time when some of the shmup fans used to have such a good time having a blast in the shmup threads and really having a good time talking about it.

But now it is a different time, great shmups like Danmaku 2 are not profitable, shmups are turning into endless runner clones, and the darkside era has arisen.

In summary,
    DU2... Very Highly Recommended!

13. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    DU2 is a full premium game for 99 effing cents. Just buy the damn thing!! Even if you don't like it, you're supporting an awesom indie dev in rough water. I love this game, even though I don't normally like Shumps much.

14. It's only 99 cents now? That is a steal for a very good game.

15. ExitPlanetDust

ExitPlanetDust Active Member

Oct 4, 2013
    IT
    Austin, TX
    iPad Air fixes in the latest update. Any idea if iCade support is still in?

16. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Just letting you guys know that the Android version of the game will be available on Nov 28! Both versions will be on an intro sale of 1.99 CAD to celebrate :)

17. Cool, I will keep an eye out for it.

18. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Weird. This game has no music on my iPhone 5S. Last time I played this was on my 4S.

(Music is turned on btw)

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Are there any issues with the iphone 6 or 6+?