Magnetic Baby + HD $0.99 > FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by AENIGMA, Aug 9, 2011.

1. AENIGMA

AENIGMA Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    NY

Magnetic Baby

★★★Top 10 ipad games in more than 16 countries in one day!!★★★
    ★★★No.1 ipad Game in china store★★★
    ★★★Top 10 ip…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ★★★Top 10 iphone family games in more than 32 countries★★★
    ★★★Top 10 ipad family games in more than 39 countries★★★
    ★★★FreeAppReport.com Featured App!★★★

Press Quotes:
    "Magnetic Baby is an iPhone and iPod touch app that brings together the physics and platform genres in a delightfully challenging way." - appsafari (5/5)

"A Fun Platformer with Depth Beyond Its Cutesy Graphics" - touchreviews (9/10)
    "Magnetic Baby is a fun, cute platformer." - 148apps (8/10)

"Magnetic Baby provides innovative gameplay, and takes full advantage of an iOS device." - APPLE'N'APPS (4/5)

"If you can master the controls and like a good challenge wrapped up in a pleasing package, Magnetic Baby is destined to make a home on your iOS device." - APPSPY (4/5)

"Magnetic Baby is a real delight to play. The cartoon graphics suit it perfectly as the game serves up its own share of frustration and delight." - AppGamer (8/10)

"A must-have for anyone interested in a good physics puzzler with a heavy dose of platforming action." - ifanzine (9/10)

"Magnetic Baby doesn't do a whole lot new, but what it does, it does it with a redeeming style." - Gaming app of the day, kotaku

"It’s an inventive mixture of a number of genres to create a new physics puzzler with a very inviting art style." - appolicious

"Magnetic Baby will likely polarise opinion, but its low price means it’s worth finding out which camp you belong in" - pocketgamer(6/10)

"Magnetic Baby is a surprisingly good successful game title. The 63 levels provide plenty of variety, the great physics for a high fun factor and the beautiful graphics for the visual well-being. " - IreviewT

"It will take a few games to become familiar with one of the controls, but once done this game iPhone and iPad is a marvel." - applicationiphone (7/10)

"The game looks good and is nicely presented, the unique levels rise quickly leave it no boredom." -appgefahren

It's dangerous everywhere on the magnetic planet after the disaster. Play as a hero to rescue the girl in danger!
    To finish the rescue sucessfully, you need to overcome all the barriers, using the magnetic force and controlling the movement correctly.

Game features:
    - perfect physical performences, make a good use of the magnetic force as well as your accurate control, to overcome the dangers you will face!
    - Phase gates, wheels, fans, lasers and more obstacles are waiting for you, use your brain, think of a way to collect all the bonus in the levels!
    - 4 worlds, with 84 levels are waiting for you to explore!
    - With the colorful and cute art style, you will feel like being in a beautiful fairy-tale world!
    - You can switch among 3 kinds of control at any time(Tilt, Drag, virtual pad), choose your favorate type of control to play the game!
    - Challenge for the shortest time of completion, save your excellent show, and share your replays with your friends!
    - unlock 20 achievements to finish the game perfectly!
    - Use openfeint to compete with the other players online!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Family
    Release:Jul 07, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Magnetic Baby HD

★★★Top 10 ip…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ★★★Top 10 iphone family games in more than 32 countries★★★
    ★★★Top 10 ipad family games in more than 39 countries★★★
    ★★★FreeAppReport.com Featured App!★★★

Press Quotes:
    "Magnetic Baby is an iPhone and iPod touch app that brings together the physics and platform genres in a delightfully challenging way. "- appsafari (5/5)

"A Fun Platformer with Depth Beyond Its Cutesy Graphics" - touchreviews (9/10)
    "Magnetic Baby is a fun, cute platformer." - 148apps (8/10)

"Magnetic Baby provides innovative gameplay, and takes full advantage of an iOS device." - APPLE'N'APPS (4/5)

"If you can master the controls and like a good challenge wrapped up in a pleasing package, Magnetic Baby is destined to make a home on your iOS device." - APPSPY (4/5)

"Magnetic Baby is a real delight to play. The cartoon graphics suit it perfectly as the game serves up its own share of frustration and delight." - AppGamer (8/10)

"A must-have for anyone interested in a good physics puzzler with a heavy dose of platforming action." - ifanzine (9/10)

"Magnetic Baby doesn't do a whole lot new, but what it does, it does it with a redeeming style." - Gaming app of the day, kotaku

"It’s an inventive mixture of a number of genres to create a new physics puzzler with a very inviting art style." - appolicious

"Magnetic Baby will likely polarise opinion, but its low price means it’s worth finding out which camp you belong in" - pocketgamer(6/10)

"Magnetic Baby is a surprisingly good successful game title. The 63 levels provide plenty of variety, the great physics for a high fun factor and the beautiful graphics for the visual well-being. " - IreviewT

"It will take a few games to become familiar with one of the controls, but once done this game iPhone and iPad is a marvel." - applicationiphone (7/10)

"The game looks good and is nicely presented, the unique levels rise quickly leave it no boredom." -appgefahren

It's dangerous everywhere on the magnetic planet after the disaster. Play as a hero to rescue the girl in danger!
    To finish the rescue sucessfully, you need to overcome all the barriers, using the magnetic force and controlling the movement correctly.

Game features:
    - perfect physical performences, make a good use of the magnetic force as well as your accurate control, to overcome the dangers you will face!
    - Phase gates, wheels, fans, lasers and more obstacles are waiting for you, use your brain, think of a way to collect all the bonus in the levels!
    - 4 worlds, with 84 levels are waiting for you to explore!
    - With the colorful and cute art style, you will feel like being in a beautiful fairy-tale world!
    - You can switch among 3 kinds of control at any time(Tilt, Drag, virtual pad), choose your favorate type of control to play the game!
    - Challenge for the shortest time of completion, save your excellent show, and share your replays with your friends!
    - unlock 20 achievements to finish the game perfectly!
    - Use openfeint to compete with the other players online!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Arcade, Family
    Release:Jul 07, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow. I had thought about picking this up when it first game out. Reminded me a lot of Soosiz when I saw the screen shots. Might have to free up some space for this (wish it had a smaller file size!).

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    bought this the day it came out... kind of like soosiz... but not really... the level moves around, kind of like in Plump... but it's an awesome game! I gave it 5 stars in my iTunes review...

Really love the later levels... have been DYING to get the last world in an update... =oP

4. Braveryplus

Braveryplus Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks very much syntheticvoid!
    Here's our new world preview video, hope you will like it:

5. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    BLARG. I bought this a few days ago :-(

Be warned that the file size is around 400 MB once installed, which caused me to delete it. I also didn't really enjoy it (sorry dev) despite it looking really nice. It basically involves you trying to slingshot your little guy around gravitational spheres. The early levels are super short, and I'm sure later levels are more interesting, but it didn't hook me.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yesh. That's pretty extreme. I was weary of the 100 MB file size, but 4x that?

Hmm...the troubles of having an 8 GB.

7. Braveryplus

Jun 28, 2011
    About the size

Really sorry for the size... that's also our main concern currently...

We'll keep updating the version to make it smaller and smaller, and current version is much smaller than the first version.

Anyway, thanks very much for all your replies, we love them all :)

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    I got the storage space to spare so I will definitely go with this. I absolutely adore Soosiz so this game is going to fill pretty big shoes

9. FL!ppY

FL!ppY Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Unavailable on the French Store ??? :(

10. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I wouldn't go into this one expecting Soosiz. This is more of a physics puzzler than a platformer.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    While it was really painful to make room for this, I've gotta say I'm really enjoying it. Kind of a combination of Soosiz and Rocket Bunnies (a game that I think deserves more attention) with more physics involved. Really fun. Just can't believe it warrants 400 Mb of space.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]

agreed... after playing the whole game, I was surprised at how big it really is...

it seems like it should be 60-80MB at the most... =o/

13. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Its 100mb, not that much more than what you listed.

You guys dont have to download the game if it cant fit on your device. Or atleast keep it on your pc till it gets reduced. The devs have already shrunk the game by 300mb so no need to be critical (this wasn't directed at you synth)

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    oh hey... look at that... they did shrink it! =oD

Well now I"m not in such a hurry to get the next world... =oP
    (still though... REALLY excited about it!)

Nice to know it's not still taking up 400MB.

15. Braveryplus

Jun 28, 2011
    size

Unfortunately, it's still over 400 mb after you install the game on your IOS device, we'll focus on solving the problem next version.
    Acturally, we really can reduce the size below 100MB, but the loading process during the game maight be much slower, we'll think of a way to balance them.

16. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    DW I have tons of space on my iTouch. :)

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, ill actually happily sacrifice space for quicker loading times... I do have about 8gigs of free space, I was just kind of comparing to other games with how much content this has, the graphics, sizes of levels and how big they are, but I really have no clue what the game is like under the hood... For all I know, 400mb uncompressed is a really great size for this game... =o/

Anywho... Didn't mean to say that you didn't code it well or that there's a bunch of junk code in the game... Blah blah blah... I'm tired... =oP

18. Braveryplus

Jun 28, 2011
    Haha.., that's awesome! Thank you flameon.

Anyway, we should try our best improve this as it's still the main concern of many people who don't have too much space :)

19. Braveryplus

Jun 28, 2011
    no no, thanks a lot for your comments, syntheticvoid, we appreciated :)
    400mb is absolutely a big size comparing to most of the other games, we'll try our best to balance them better... and we can't make the game better without your advices.. :)

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #20 awp69, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    I'm actually a computer programmer myself still using good old bloated Cobol, but I can't say I would know the first thing when it comes to program size-management on iOS games. Only reason I brought it up is I do only have an 8 GB iPod Touch and won't be able to upgrade anytime soon. And yes, it still clocks in at around 400 MB installed.

So sure, I have concerns when I want games and then have to make decisions on what to keep on my device. But I took a chance with this after reading some of the reviews, etc. I'm glad I did because I'm really enjoying it.

That said, I can't promise you that when I play through it that it'll stay on my iPod (unless, of course, an update helps with the size). It's a major pain having to deal with space restrictions when you're addicted to iOS gaming!

Still, you'll be getting good word of mouth from me on this one!