Taxi Jam (vehicle management game like Taxidrive and Car Mania)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009

http://nervmedia.com/iphone/taxijam Official game trailer of the iPhone/iPod Touch application Taxi Jam by nerv media.

Track title: Back in Boogie Town
    Composer: Piotr 'Jazzcat' Pacyna ((no affiliation))
    Publisher:piotr Pacyna (no affiliation)

2. Parrappa

Parrappa Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Looks excellent. Hopefully this will execute where TaxiDrive did not.

3. nerv_media

nerv_media Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    Taxi Jam Leaderboard

Hey Guys,

Just to let you know that there is also an online leaderboard for the top fifty best scores - it's super easy to post your score with a one click submission of scores for all levels.

Taxi Jam is currently in review by apple but should be released sometime early next week.

If anyone has any questions at all about the game - I would be more than happy to answer them.

You can see our other games in development and things we have coming up at:

http://www.nervmedia.com/iphone

Cheers,

Ringo
    nerv media

4. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I had the chance to help with a little beta on this title and I can assure you you'll not be disapointed.

Great play and beautiful design, it still takes more of my time than FC and Harbour Master combined! Well done nerv, nice to see it hitting the store soon.

5. nerv_media

May 26, 2009
    Taxi Jam pricepoint

We have had a few emails asking us what the original price point will be for Taxi Jam when we release it?

We are planning on releasing the app at 59p/99ยข pricepoint - A bargain I think you will agree!

6. dyepbr

dyepbr Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    looks extremely polished! looking forward to playing.

7. nerv_media

May 26, 2009
    Thanks dyepbr

Hopefully apple will pull there fingers out and it will be available to download really soon - it has been under review for a bout a week now - lets keep our fingers crossed.

Ringo
    nerv media

8. nerv_media

May 26, 2009
    Promo Codes

Hello everyone,

Hopefully Taxi Jam should be available on the app store some time this week, let me know if you would like a promo code in return for a review or some feedback and I will try and sort out the first ten responses with one as soon as the game is available.

Cheers,

Ringo

9. trevainsworth

trevainsworth Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Hi Nerv_Media,

PM sent in relation to promo codes, if it plays as well as the video suggests it should be a very positive review.

Look forward to hearing from you guys, keep up the good work.

Cheers

10. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    SEnt my pm! Game looks great!

11. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    pm sent! Looks promising!:D

12. nerv_media

May 26, 2009
    What do you think

Hey guys

Would be great to get some feedback for the youtube video, Steve here at nerv media put it together. Let us know.

Video available here

Cheers,

Ringo

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Isn't that the same video in the 1st post? It looks great, you just have to show it around to Toucharcade, SlideToPlay, Pocketgamer, Appgamer.net, iPhoneGameNetwork, IGN, etc. Plus your youtube vid needs more and better tags.

14. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    lol I thought Munich would be next, like that song.

"New York, London, Paris, Munich!
    Everybody talk about pop music!"

Looks cool though.

15. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I thought the video was neat and catchy as a teaser, but it didn't do enough to me to explain how gameplay actually worked. Do I physically have to send certain taxis to certain color coded passengers, do I have to draw the routes to their destinations or do those come up automatically? What hazards do I have to avoid and how do I do that?

More tags during the video and maybe a few more scenes showing do this, then this, then this to pick up and deliver a passenger successfully. Avoid these, etc.

16. nerv_media

May 26, 2009
    Taxi Jam Gameplay video

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will try to get a gameplay video done today and up for you all to see,

This is our first big release so we are still learning when it comes to marketing the games and getting people aware.

I really, really appreciate all your help on the forum and I will try and get you guys some promo codes when the game comes out.

Watch this space for a new video - hopefully this afternoon!

Cheers,

Ringo

nerv media

17. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Just wanted to add that there are a lot of things I like about the existing video: music, style, font, pace, but as said before it just raises lots of questions. Some things look very kewl, like can you start/stop a taxi by tapping it if a Fire engine drives by in New York, or the Tour de France races through the streets in Paris?? what are the shaded areas for? Destination? :confused:

All in all it looks very clean and kewl, and particularly uncluttered considering the amount of action!:cool:

18. nerv_media

May 26, 2009
    Feedback

Hi guys,

I am going to make a gameplay video later today and post it on youtube. But as a summary here is how the game plays.

• Players have five lives, points are awarded for succesfully dropping off a passenger at a specified destination.
    • Taxis can be dragged anywhere on the roads and any taxi can pick up any waiting passenger.
    • Any number of taxis can be used at any time by dragging them from the rank, if too many taxis are on the screen they can be returned to the rank.
    • Passengers appear randomly in different areas of the cities.
    • The cab has a certain amount of time to collect the passenger.
    • Once the passenger is collected the taxi has a certain amount of time to deliver the passenger to a specified location.
    • Once a passenger is collected, the location is specified by the taxi glowing a colour which corresponds to the shaded areas, the passenger must be dropped off at the shaded area by dragging the taxi to it.
    • Taxis can be stopped and started or re-routed at any time during gameplay by re-dragging a path for them (tapping them will stop them).
    • If a passenger has to wait too long to be collected they will start glowing red and eventually pop - losing the player a life.
    • If a passenger has to wait too long to be delivered once they are inside the taxi they will start glowing red and eventually pop - losing the player a life.
    • If a taxi with a passenger crashes into other traffic - including other taxis tour de france, police cars, fire engines and buses, the player loses a life.
    • Police cars will take random routes across towns, tour de france, fire engines and buses, can only travel in straight lines.
    • Deliver as many passengers as you can before all your lives are lost.
    • Three different city layouts provide different level difficulties, passengers are deposited around the city with increasing regularity as each level progresses in time.
    Hope this helps for now, again, thanks so much for all your feedback guys!

Ringo

nerv media

19. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Great nerv!
    Is there online highscores for each city???? (if you send me to check an earlier post, I'll go pretty red in the face!)

20. nerv_media

May 26, 2009
    Online Leaderboards

Online leaderboards are available here!

You can see our miserable attempts - although shayde is pretty good! haha