Getting Clash Royale early in U.S

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Oh Snaplez, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Oh Snaplez

Oh Snaplez Member

Aug 20, 2015
    So today I changed my account from a U.S account to a Canadian account. I downloaded Clash Royale, and then changed back to U.S, and put back all my personal information and updated my payment method back to what it was before I changed my account to Canada. So I was just wondering, now that my account info is updated back to normal, am I going to be able to update the game when Im in the U.S app store? Am I going to be able to make purchases through the U.S app store? And finally is my data for the game going to save, like once the game legally gets released in the U.S app store am I going to be able to continue off my data from before the release?

Thanks in advance for any help,

~Snaplez

2. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    1. Am I going to be able to update the game when Im in the U.S app store? No. You'll have to switch back to the Canadian AppStore. When the game comes out worldwide, you'll need to delete the Canadian version and download the game from the US AppStore or you'll be stuck in the same loop.

2. Am I going to be able to make purchases through the U.S app store? No. The AppStore pulls funds from the account that downloaded the app, in this case your Canadian account. iOS will ask you to enter your password for that account but since you don't have any funds in it, it will fail. There are ways to get Canadian AppStore cards, but you'll have to Google them yourself.

3. And finally is my data for the game going to save, like once the game legally gets released in the U.S app store am I going to be able to continue off my data from before the release? Online games such as Clash Royale save their account data in the cloud, not on your device. Just to be safe, take note of your user ID (I believe it's listed in the options menu) in case you have trouble when updating to the US version. Many games also link social networks to your account to allow you to play on other devices or continue even if you've deleted the game and reinstalled-- Game Center, Facebook, etc.

A soft launch is different from Public Beta (like Destiny's for instance).The game is actually live, just in limited territories and people are spending money. Completely resetting progress for world launch would be a class action suit waiting to happen. It's not uncommon to see drastic balance changes, however. Caveat emptor.

3. Oh Snaplez

Oh Snaplez Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Hey thanks for the help. I wanted to test out if i could make a purchase, so I clicked on the 1 dollar option for the gems and it worked! Is this normal? Or is supercell just allowing people to purchase gems from wherever they are from lol.