Where is desktop dungeons?!?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Metalhead980, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Metalhead980

Metalhead980 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    #1 Metalhead980, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    So where is the iOS version of desktop dungeons?
    We had a copycat release last year that was scared away by DD lawyers and now they take their time to put out the game?

I want this game already and I'm starting to wish they didn't bully the copycat off the app store because now they are obviously taking their time making it.

Come on guys... We love your game and want to play it. What's the hold up? Why even bother with that newb copycat if you were so far off from releasing your game on iOS?

<mods can u please place this thread in the correct sub forum, it was intended to be in game discussion, not release info. I'm sorry >

2. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

I can't wait for it to be released.
    Is there any news regarding their version?

**BTW, this topic shouldn't be here... Brace for mod teletransport in 3... 2... 1...

3. apester

apester Active Member

Dec 8, 2010
    IT Consultant
    Good question..who knows. Never understood the whole controversy with the copycat though it's not like there is anything unique and original about DD it's simply a mashup of previous games that's tied together well, it's well done but far from groundbreaking.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    It was also pretty convenient for them...since they never even mentioned an iOS version until the copycat showed up. :\ I'm boycotting it when it does get released.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm sure they're still inching toward it.

Check out their site:

http://www.qcfdesign.com/?cat=4

The main game is still being developed so it isn't like they've had it finalized for years and are sitting on it. Also they just recently ported a version over to the Mac which, to me, indicates that an iPhone version is both that much more likely and possible now.

6. dislekcia

dislekcia Member

May 3, 2011
    Game Designer
    South Africa
    Yup, still inching towards the full version. We've always intended to release an iOS version (I actually just got an iPhone for testing) since the first couple of prototypes got the interest that they did. People keep being surprised when we talk about mobile versions of the game, but we've been trying to say "HEY, IT'S COMING TO EVERYTHING WE CAN MAKE IT RUN ON!" for ages now...

Ironically that's been a big part of the how long it's taking us to release the full: We had to rewrite the entire game in Unity before we could start expanding on the freeware and adding content, which is where we are now. The version that comes to iOS will be a much better game and trust me, we can't wait for you guys to be able to play it. It's still a while off though, there's a lot of content still outstanding.

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Good enough and thanks for the update! Oh, and welcome to the TA Forums, hopefully you can drop in with updates on its status once in a while.