Looking for the name of a match 3 war game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ruzu, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Hello,

I saw a thread once, but dismissed it because it didn't seem appealing at first. Now I regret not copying the name down somewhere. I have combed the forums for days trying to look for a picture of the video I saw, but I have failed to find it again. If anybody knows what the name of the game I'm about to explain is, I would be very grateful if you could tell me.

Basically, it's a 2d match-3 game with a top-down perspective. You have your 6(rows) x 8(columns)(I think, I don't remember the exact layout) of troops comprising of warriors, magicians, and rangers at the bottom of the screen. At the top are the enemies, ranging anywhere from 4-8+ foes. You have to match up 3 warriors/magicians/rangers to initiate an attack. For example, if you make a match in a column, that enter column goes to attack, regardless of whether there's an actual enemy. Similarly, if you make a match in a row, those 3 soldiers will charge forward and attack whatever's in that row. Archer appeared to be able to hit the enemy from anywhere on the screen.

If successfully making a match allowed for another match to form, the combo attack continues until no more matches are made. Every 3 matches or so, the enemy would prepare to attack and you would only have a limited amount of time to kill it before it executed its attack.

Once again, I would be extremely grateful to the person who knows the name of this game to let me know what it was called.

Thank you very much.

2. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I think you mean Puzzle Saga. If that's the one you're in luck,it's free right now. Excellent game btw.

3. Ruzu

Ruzu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Hello Krautboy,

I just entered the name into iTunes and took a quick look at the screenshots. It matches exactly what I saw before, so I just want to say that I'm very grateful that you knew the name of the game :].

Thanks!

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Also heroes of might and magic is the same type of game and there's one more but forgot the name

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This "one more" is what im interested in. I love this type of match-3 a lot, so i want to have this "one more" too.

6. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    @ Ruzu
    You're very welcome.

The " one more" you're looking for is probably chronoSgear (yes,that s is capital). There is a lite version if i recall correctly.

7. OneHitGamer

OneHitGamer Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Game Developer
    Florida
    I bought cronoSgear years ago. Nice match rpg game. It may be Elemental Symphony. Try both to see if they are the game your looking for. Elemental symphony is similar to a match game but closer to that of plants vs zombies style. But all in all the same as in you place your warriors to battle.

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yes there is and not a bad game really but kinda confusing not battle wise