Universal Faif (by Nicolas Saraintaris)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I reinstalled this game after hearing about the multiplayer update and have reached Level 9, I think. It's a fun, occasionally frustrating matcher. Haven't had a chance to try Multiplayer Mode but hopefully will get to it today.

For anyone who knows, does the player's level and/or starting gems have an effect in Multiplayer? Thanks in advance for any info.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    No starting gems don't carry over to multiplayer

3. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Just posted a short review on the AppStore, and based on the fact that there were no other reviews (us), I have to say this one the most underrated puzzlers to be released this year. Based on screenshots alone, this appears to be just another match-3 rpg, but it is completely unique, introducing a risk/reward mechanic, that really ratchets up the tension. I do feel that devs are missing out on the huge potential of the game. The puzzle element is exceptional, but the rpg element limited. I would wager that implementing a "choose your route" map between battles, would give the game a more cohesive experience. Currently, you battle a succession of oddly named AI opponents, that might as well be called "AI-1", "AI-2", etc, because that's about how interesting they are. I also disagree with a key game mechanic, which occurs when you "miss" an attack, you automatically lose life, and can even kill yourself. It's balanced because the AI is exposed to the same risk, but it makes no sense. If if make a risky attack, the jeopardy should be that I expose myself to being more easily hit. I recommend that misses instead give the opponent a +1 bonus on their next attack, rather than an outright loss of life. I realize this would result in longer matches, but it would open up more diverse tactics, and make the game more about attacking and less about hoarding life, which for me, seems to be the best tactic of all.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #44 vectorarchitekt, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Some good points. I still love this game! I hope it gets supported more in the future. This is such a perfect quick go-to phone game.
    Anyone want to have a multiplayer battle?