Universal Mos Speedrun (by Physmo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. nickd3000

nickd3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    indie game developer
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Wow, I'm blown away by all of these videos - well done on being much better than the devs :p

If anyone would like to help us out, we'd like to get some better screenshots to put on the Iphone and mac app stores, I think the ones I took are a bit boring, so if there are any parts of the game that you think look interesting [action shots especially] , please take a screenshot and send it to me, nick at physmo.com

thanks! :D

2. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    It was insanely tough, but I managed to get a lower score again. It's not by much though, unfortunately there isn't much room for improvement at this point. I'm still hoping to improve my level 2-1 time by a little, though.

I moved on to level 3, but if level 2 was any indication, you'll have it back in no time xD

3. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    Nice work, man! :)

I don't know if I'll be tackling Level 3 anytime soon, but I might give Level 2 a try again. Did the scores I posted on the forum help at all? How many Level 2 stages did you pass me on?

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Yeah, they helped push me to improve in the right places. I passed you on stages 1, 2 and 4. Stage 3 we're tied at 21.92 and stage 5 I'm slower by 00.03 You want to know my times for the other 3?

5. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    I'll see if I can gain some time on 1, 2, and/or 4. You don't have to post your times if you don't want to. It's just nice to know which levels I'm down on. :p

2-5 is all about a quick start and those quick jumps on the blocks near that bee. But I probably don't need to tell you that. You seem to have things under control! ;)

I'll try to push you on Level 3 eventually. I haven't looked at those levels in a long time. In fact, I hadn't played Level 2 until I saw your post that you beat my scores! :cool:

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oO

New update!! Version 1.6

-- 8 new costumes
    -- 8 secret ghosts to find
    -- Twitter Integration
    -- Some level background glitches tidied up
    -- Improvements to web level handling
    -- Better Error Handling
    -- Improved Particle system
    -- Procedurally generated tweets
    -- Tell A Friend button
    -- New trophies
    -- New effects for dragon and witch costumes
    -- Made ghosts use current costume
    -- Improvements to options screen
    -- Improvements to game interface
    -- Added news screen

7. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Great :D Time to grab my favorite platformer once again!! Thanks syntheticvoid :)

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!
    Thanks for the update. I had fun finding all of the costumes :]

9. Elfanger

Elfanger Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    What stages are the costumes located in?

Thanks.

10. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    There's one in 1-2 which is pretty easy to find, I don't want to ruin the fun for anyone else by telling you where they all are though :)

11. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    :D thans for the update! I am having and plataformerfangasm :p this update, the one for Beans Quest, and Stardash and Commander Pixman recently released :)

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hehe, forgot about Adventures of Timmy... But yes, these last couple weeks have been awesome for platformer fans. =oD

13. Nestea80

Nestea80 Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    #433 Nestea80, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
    All the coins in 4-2?

Can someone please tell me where all the coins are in 4-2? I can't seem to find 3 coins. I've been looking everywhere! I guess it would be pretty hard to describe where all of them are, but I'm assuming there should be 3 coins that are somewhat ... tricky? Either that, or I'm blind.

*edit* Nevermind ... found them. After hours of looking ... I decide to post here. Then a minute later, I find them.

14. nickd3000

nickd3000 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    indie game developer
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hey Folks,

I've just created a Facebook page for Physmo, feel free to upload any cool speedrun vids you have recorded for all to see!

nick

15. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

Is there any way to force the Joypad to connect from my iPhone to iPad over Bluetooth? I get way too much lag with Wifi.

16. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This game just got about 40% percent more awesome, after I unlocked the Zombie costume.

17. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    So it seems I have to play harder ;)

MOS Speedrun is quite challenging I have to admit that. I feel little strange since I've created and easily play Commander Pixman and most of my players complains about high difficulty :D

18. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    It must just be what you get used to - I programmed Mos but I find Commander Pixman impossible after about 30 levels :)

19. physmotone

physmotone Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Just a quick note to let all iCade users know that we've added support to the lite version of Mos - get it here if you haven't already:

App Store - Mos Speedrun Lite

20. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Hello, I have recently bought Mos Speedrun. I am glad to have another game that appeals to me like Hook Champ. I guess I'm just born to Speedrun!

And I agree with the guy above, the zombie is amazing! I love how how ridiculous he looks while swimming. My only quirk was the main character, but the zombie fixed that!

I would like to know if you are working on adding more levels, or any future games.