The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Played through 6 levels of Halo 4 on legendary during the first week I got it. Never touched SP again since then. Finally took the time to finish the last 2 levels today. Now that is how you make a campaign for a shooter. Killer ending. Very excited to see what 343 does in the future with the series.

2. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Wow, a game as popular as Halo 4 is already on sale for $40 for a new copy at GameStop. It's only been a month. Insane.

3. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    #3843 Nidol, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    It's now $34.99 shipped at Newegg with coupon code EMCJHJJ246:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103248

I paid $47.99 for a pre-order from newegg. I guess that price sucked after all. I guess I got a month of off and on play for the extra $13.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I got the new map pack for free with the specialization class, like so many others did. However it looks like they are now calling it a "trial" and will pull access after the 18th. This has no effect on season pass holders, or whatever it's called, just the people who found they inexplicably had free access to the Crimson Map pack. Including me. I'll probably buy the season pass if they do pull access - I like the new maps. It is a ripoff, though. $10 for 3 maps. Ridiculous. Fun game in any case.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3846 backtothis, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Really been putting effort into playing XBOX games instead of StarCraft II all day, lol. Just finished Borderlands after spending about 10 hours on it in the past week. Ended it in a little over 20 hours total. The plot is even more nonsensical than the one in RAGE, but what an experience. For the most part it felt like a blend of Skyrim, Diablo, and CoD. Played as the soldier class.

Might play the game a few more times before moving on to check out the DLCs since I have the GOTYE. One thing about RPGs like this that rely heavily on loot is that once you find that one insane weapon, the game becomes so damn easy. Money also depreciates so quickly. Near the end of the game, I wasn't picking up anything worth less than 10K. It's always fun finding ways to use the terrain in fully open-world games like this. You can be underleveled as hell and kill a boss by hiding in a place where you can shoot from but barely be able to avoid being shot. I know that's how I killed most of the dragons I met in Skyrim at least, LOL. Or, you could "climb" a mountain and save yourself a ton of time by not taking the actual route. Also, it was so easy to exploit the shield system when you die.

Anyways, very excited to start Borderlands 2 during winter break. Hope there are a ton of UI changes for the better because the one in the original is way too clunky, especially when it comes to managing equips. Looking forward to the new graphics and skill trees too. The skills in this one were pretty lame. It was generally just a bunch of passive upgrades. But yeah, awesome genre blending.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Tried Dark Souls for the first time in months since I didn't want to start one of my new games. Never again, seriously. To me, there genuinely isn't one fun thing about Dark Souls. It's not just the difficulty level that sucks. Never disliked a game so much.

8. Nidol

Nidol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    Wow that's a shame, too bad you probably didnt make it far enough to appreciate the game, most don't and that's one of its marvels...

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Probably true. Couldn't get to that 10-hour mark. I prefer a game like Skyrim by far.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Speaking of Dark Souls, it's $12.99 from Amazon and Best Buy today. It's tempting, but I really don't need another game and we are hurting for cash a bit. Damn Xmas! :)

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I tried and then bought Mark of the Ninja yesterday while it was on sale. Pretty darn fantastic game. Beautiful art style and really fun gameplay. Great ninja stealth game. If you didn't buy it yesterday, I feel sorry for you, but I'd still grab the demo and try it out.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Saints Row: The Third is so damn entertaining. Great game so far. Should be a fun 10-15 hours. Very light-hearted take on GTA. Started it just a while ago.

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    5.5 hours in: Saints Row 3 can't get much more absurd than it already. Think I'm about 2/3 done with the game already. Still fun, at least. Haven't done any side quests or messed with character customization too much though in SR3. Never really cared for those except in Skyrim. The physics engine reminds me of the one in the Gangstar series on the iOS.

14. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    My hitman absolution is coming in (for free thanks to FMA). Can't wait. Few more days.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just beat Saints Row 3 today. Played through the alternate ending too. Definitely one of the best experiences I've had on the XBOX so far. There just aren't any open-world games as bizarre as this one. Took 13 hours. Doubt I'll touch the game again, but I felt like it was a rewarding experience. The game just had so much character to it. Going to try to run through Dishonored before the new semester starts. Not sure I'll have time.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Real weight to weapons and possibly the smartest world map in any PS3/360 game. There you go ;)

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    #3857 MidianGTX, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    I'm really enjoying it. I never really got into the series before, so all of the things people like to moan about don't really affect me. One of the few games that can make me go back and repeat a level 10+ times the moment I finish each one. It kinda reminds me of Mission Impossible on the N64, that was awesome too.

Edit: I used the word 'really' way too often just then.

18. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville
    #3858 earthclaw, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    I really enjoyed Hitman Absolution..There were even times where i just said heck with the stealth and went guns blazeing..My favorite will always be contracts tho(most difficult of the series IMO)...but they were all enjoyable to play.

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally got an HDMI cable for the XBOX a few days ago. Tried it out just now. What the hell have I been doing? The difference is..wow.

Halo 4 in 1080p..oh my..

20. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    What did you use before? Component cables? Btw, Halo 4 renders at 720P doesn't it? The Xbox only upscales to the output settings.