Wayward Souls (Mage Gauntlet spinoff by Rocketcat)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Still going to buy.
    100% serious.

2. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    While I think this is a great idea for us fans, I believe that some people will look at it as a complete waste of money (which it kind of is), leave negative reviews, and see it as a way of the dev forcing (you're not) them to pay more. Which in turn would mean they wouldn't tell others to purchase this game.

Just a thought.

3. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Meh. I've spent 15 bucks on worse things.

4. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Word :)

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Im excited about this game, i love loot and alot of classes. They are pretty much my 2 addictions in gaming lol :D

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Re-read what I said, "us fans". Other people who have no idea what a "toucharcade" is, will view it as something else...

7. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Doing it anyway, putting a "THIS IS A TERRIBLE PURCHASE, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO BUY" warning popup in there to confirm it.

Maybe an "ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE SURE" on top of that.

8. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    It'd be cool if you bought it, that it would actually be a live room that you connect to over the Internet and chat and whatnot in game. It'd make it feel like an exclusive party then.

9. itouchbd

itouchbd Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    if not already on your list of characters to create how would you think of a megaman type of character robot that basically has a blaster arm half human half robot or human in a robot suit that can gain different type of things to shoot out of the blaster somewhat like lexi and the magic. since the link/gnomey character is going to be made(thank you in advance) a megaman character would for sure set you apart. and the 100% biggest want from me is a character like sora or riku from kingdom hearts with a key blade type sword that has certain magic qualities.

10. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I think we only have room for one big parody character per game. Plus it would feel weird to me to have a side-scrolling character in a top-down game, anyway. We were going to do a megaman-style game way back, but it got cancelled.

We have all our characters designed, though there's a lot of room to put stuff in, since each character has around 10 weapons/armors/trinkets.

Sued by Square-Enix and Disney for putting in a Key Blade that summons Mackey Maus

11. itouchbd

Jun 23, 2011
    that is kind of dissapointing but i have no doubt that you will make an amazing game regardless, thanks for letting me know i really appreciate devs that actually respond

12. wolfpowpow

wolfpowpow Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Nice art. But seriously, telling everyone this is Mage Gaunlet's spinoff brings up my expectations!

13. R3TAL1AT3

R3TAL1AT3 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2011
    LOL! Can't say they weren't warned. :p

Actually kinda like the idea. Even if you (Kepa) won't add it in as a character-class, you could put it in as an NPC (e.g. rare boss or a mini story or both) considering the golemancy story you guys had in MG could be expanded here albeit very small. I would love to see a golem with a soul. Plus, looking at the map screenshot you posted you could even tie-in the secret location of the under garden (ruined golems). 'The wandering golem-with-a-soul' :D

WHAT!? WHY!!!?? Awww, i would have loved to see that project come to fruition, especially with your experience with the Hook Series and if i recall correctly you mentioned you were interested to create a metroidvania game.
    Oh well, a man can dream. :)

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Megaman style or metroidvania games are expensive to produce and of questionable popularity on the App Store. Basically, the App Store is a bad place for such titles compared to PC. Maybe one day, just likely not on iOS.

15. itouchbd

Jun 23, 2011
    can you maybe post a screenshot of a dungeon so we could get an idea of what the dungeons would look like?

16. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Not right now. We're still working on the random generation, and we're stuck doing that until we get the results that we want. Taking longer than expected.

17. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Pretty detailed post on how we're going to handle the free to play system, on our facebook: http://t.co/xOKfbYzd

18. Dienekes

Dienekes Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I can't wait for this...

19. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    It's like you're putting the best burger ever, on top of the best burger ever - because this just keeps getting better.
    Looking forward to it.

20. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Can you choose gender when selecting a class? Or warriors are always male, rogues always female, etc?