CAR JACK STREETS 2 - Official Development Thread - [by TAGPLAY, Scotland]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SimonTag, Sep 9, 2011.

1. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    I felt this quote adequately sums Car Jack Streets 2 up :). We just have to make sure that 'bad' and 'Car Jack Streets 2' never ever go together.

[​IMG]

2. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    In some ways but you are also raising the bar the more it is delayed and more games are coming out that pose a threat. A perfectly fine game, if it were to be released with no delays, is Duke Nukem Forever. Because it was delayed for more than a decade it became the laughing stock of the video game industry. By delaying a game it makes it harder for the game to be critically well reviewed. I'm hoping Car Jack Streets 2 will be out by the end of 2012 or else I fear TAG's rep will be the same as that of Dr Dre (the over-perfectionist). I honestly don't mean this to be mean or a downer but I'm just stating my opinion on this wait.

3. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    I would love some mini-games for this game. Also in case you didn't know Gangstar 3 did add the ability to robbbanks on the side so if you guys were to include robbing banks it would no be 100% original. Will this be on the Nintendo E-Shop like the original was?

4. Falldj

Falldj Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Now, I'm not *huge* on minigames, but I think that GTA ChinaTown Wars had the perfect balance when they did their minigames. They didn't happen every 3 seconds, but they weren't too spread out. Even though the idea of robbing banks and stores as a side mission, or on the fly, or whatever you want to call it isn't the most original thing on the earth, I would LOVE to see it in CJS2. I wouldn't mind at all if y'all added a minigame that involved cracking the banks safe, because if you just tapped a button and you got the bank's money, that wouldn't be very cool. But a minigame maybe similar to Red Dead Redemption's bank robbery minigame. I thought that that was pretty cool, but since this game appears to take place in modern times, then it would have to be the same :). But my main point is that robbing banks and stores whenever you want (like a side mission or something that you can do over and over again) would be awesome. I'd crap my pants. And when you mentioned that banks that have harder minigames would give you a better reward, that would also be awesome. Thanks for reading!:D

5. Falldj

Falldj Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I realize it wouldn't be 100% original, but that would be a HUGE factor in me getting the game. Also, I didn't know you could do that in Gangstar.

6. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Yep I would love to see it as a bonus feature. And yes it was added in Gangstar 3 in an update as well as the ability to hijack drug deals which was also a fun side mission I wouldn't mind seeing here.

7. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    So how much of this game will be online based? Is it an mmo type game or does it have a rather deep single player campaign as well. I would say CJS2's biggest advantadge over gangstar and gta is that it includes multiplayer. But if you guys want this to stay a feature exclusive to CJS2 you guys should release it soon because gameloft is already gearing up for a Gangstar 4 for release his Holliday season and I would bet that they will add multiplayer.

8. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I agree completely. Keep up the good work Simon! And take your time, too. Everyone should realize that game developers have lives too, and can't just fire games out or work on them constantly. Ignore certain people talking about releasing it soon :p

9. Amyshelly

Amyshelly Member

Mar 13, 2012
    looks you guys have a wonderful team

looks you guys have a wonderful team, great work

10. Falldj

Falldj Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Getting scared...

I'm starting to get a little scared. Will there be a trailer? Beta? Demo? SOMETHING?!?!

11. Falldj

Falldj Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I realize that Tag can't be dishing out their games, but it's been a while since any concepts or trailers or news has been released.

12. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    I agree. A new trailer would be nice. I think cjs2 can be one of the best apps ever released on the app store, if it ever sees the light of day. I am wishing good luck to tag with finishing this.

13. DeNovoHope

DeNovoHope Active Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Real-Time Suggestion

While I know many people hated the real-time in Car Jack Streets, many people thought differently. Since there is such a distinct either love or hate of the real-time, I think you should make it an option to have real-time or non-realtime in the beginning of the campaign. Also, is there a release timeframe? Really looking forward to this game. Keep up the good work!

14. Falldj

Falldj Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Yes, that would be a good option, but I think that Tag should focus on getting the game out, as they've said that they can update their game.

15. DeNovoHope

DeNovoHope Active Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Well yes, getting the game out is top priority, but if the real-time option isn't in the initial release, then an update that enables it would be nice for the people who liked it.

16. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Can you guys share any media about this?

17. DeNovoHope

DeNovoHope Active Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Haven't heard anything on the game in a while, is it still happening?

18. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Don't mean to be impatient but can you guys share some media please? It's been forever.

19. FlipBeef97

FlipBeef97 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2012
    Male
    Are you going to be able fly Planes, Jets, and Helicopters?
    and if you are able too, then are you able to shoot rockets in Jets and Helicopters? and the pictures of the game look like the Graphics are all the same color, if you could Shade the color of the roads and certain things to make it look better. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!

20. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    C'mon guys. I really don't want to give up hope on this but with no new screenshots and news it's difficult.