Do you think Capcom will ever port Monster Hunter to the iPod

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nkflier23, Aug 6, 2010.

1. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I used to love playin that game on my PSP.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
  3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    It will never happen and that is one of the few reasons I still hang onto my PSP. ;)

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    probably not. :( hopefully the big studios will finally realize there is a market for these things and get off their asses.

5. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    Did you somehow see my post from like 2 days ago? and anyways, it would be amazing if they did... Capcom's complaining about bad sales, I'd definately buy monster hunter :D Pwning Rathalos on the go...

6. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    Gameloft'll probably make a game called Creature Hunter or something, eventually.

7. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    Then they will force DLC down our throats for new weapons, armor and monsters, for now I'll stick to mine on the wii, for now....

8. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #8 GDSage, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
    How would you propose this to work? Monster Hunter needs input for movement, input for camera and six buttons, of which up to any three of the buttons are required to be pressed simultanerously whilst moving the avatar and controlling the camera.

Monster Hunter is one of those games (along with Demon's Souls) where actual tactile inputs are absolutely required in order to play properly. Anything less (be it in controls or mechanics) and it simply isn't Monster Hunter.

EDIT: As for whether Capcom will port Monster Hunter... Capcom will of course release such a thing (they are a milking company after all) but it won't be Monster Hunter. Rather it will a poor hackjob imitation of the series (like that one for JPN phones), because as I said anything less than what the series has already firmly established and that simply isn't Monster Hunter.

9. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #9 dumaz1000, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
    Not unless is delusional enough to believe that iDevice owners will pay $30 for it. They won't, by the way, and Capcom isn't delusional to believe otherwise. So the answer is no.

Most Major, established multi-console devs are not going to under-sell their AAA IP franchises just to accommodate iDevice owners. These titles are valued at between 29.99 & 59.99 on every other handheld or console system on the face of the planet. Yet iDevice owners would demand that they get it for 9.99, or 4.99, or, for some, .99.

Well, guess what. It ain't gonna happen. The vast majority of major IP titles are never going to appear on the iDevice. Not ever. At least not full-fledged game game versions.

You get what you pay for, or what you are willing to pay for.

10. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Actually, Capcom stated Tri sales were sluggish, not bad. In any case that isn't really an issue because everyone especially Capcom knows the true base for MH is on handhelds notably the PSP, where 2nd G sold over four million copies in Japan alone (so now the series is basically on tier with the Dragon Quest series there).

11. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    We got Madden, NCAA, Fifa, GTA, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Civilization Revolutions, Sim City, Sims 3, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics, Prince of Persia and a number of other big franchises on iPhone. While I doubt this platform will ever reach the quality level of Sony or Nintendo handhelds, you can't say there aren't AAA franchises on here. In addition, the DS/PSP deal with the same issue of having "dumbed down" versions of AAA franchise titles. It's just part of the portable gaming market.

12. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    That isn't really true now, since handhelds have taken on a more dominating role with many developers (notably most JPN devs) the result has seen the release of main entries of series for handhelds. For Japanese devs the priority of development is now this: DS >>> PSP > PS3 >>>> 360 / Wii, and in the next few years, the way it is looking, it will be: 3DS >>>>>>>> everything else.

The only dev community behind with the times on this are the western developers, but there are signs they're finally waking up to reality (that being the tech-pushing sector of consoles is no longer the be-all).