Help needed with pacing of an endless runner

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by matthewkupon, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Hi there

I realise that this might just be a little bit off-topic, but it is games related.

I am currently working on a scene in an animated film - The scene is based on an endless runner, and should be paced like bit.trip.runner

I envisioned certain things in the BG, and have blocked them out. It looks like I can't have that amount of stuff whizzing by (it looks like the fast-forward button is on). I guess it needs to be simplified right?

the pace should be like this: http://d.pr/7Smd

trickier than I thought it might be

Any ideas?

please help :)

[email protected]

Matthew

2. So I guess what I am asking is - how do I get the pace right?

I have a lot of detail to get into a 17 second scene (or collection of scenes)

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Are you talking about the speed at which objects in the background and the background move? If so, I think trial and error with feedback from a few users would do it.

4. ah ace. I thought so.

It seems the old phrase 'throw shit at the wall, see what sticks' is appropriate here!

5. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Yeah, even though I've never heard that saying, it really has to do with trial and error, there's no definite way to do it!

If you need testers, you can find some really great ones here on TouchArcade - just post in the Game Discussion forum (I think it's that one)!

Good luck!