Larger Games W/ Ragdoll physics?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by mountainmohawk, Aug 6, 2010.

1. mountainmohawk

mountainmohawk Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Retail
    PA
    Alright guys, I'm new around these parts, so I hope this question is in the right area. I was wondering what full-fledged games have ragdoll physics. And when I say full-fledged, I mean like larger style games like Dead Strike and not smaller games like Ragdoll Blaster and such.

Is there anything out there? I would kill for an Action RPG or something with some physics *drool*

2. mountainmohawk

Aug 2, 2010
    Retail
    PA
    Wow, nothing at all?

I just played Bionic Surfer and that has some decent physics.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    The most depth I've seen in a ragdoll game is iDrop Dead FE.

It doesn't look like it at first, but there is a lot of replay generated from the fact that dolls and abilities you unlock make the early levels and goals very different.

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    It's a shame that Gameloft haven't implemented rag doll physics in any of their games so far. Although I see them implementing it sometime in the near future.

5. mountainmohawk

Aug 2, 2010
    Retail
    PA
    Yeah, it would great seeing them incorporate it into their games. Animations are fine and all, but it sucks seeing the same death animation over and over.

idropdead is a good one. I really liked Zombiesmash with the dismemberment and everything.

6. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I'd love to see the next Gangstar with some physics. :\

7. mountainmohawk

Aug 2, 2010
    Retail
    PA
    Or a game like Ravensword with ragdoll physics would be awesome too! Plunderland's physics are quite satisfying too :)

8. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Just what I thought! How satisfying to smack into someone an have then fly over the bonnet!

9. mountainmohawk

Aug 2, 2010
    Retail
    PA
    Just like in GTA IV !

Tis' a shame more developers don't incorporate ragdoll physics in there games. :/

10. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I need a Ragdoll game where I can through the dude around - just to release anger.

11. MrGando

MrGando Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Lead Programmer
    Santiago, Chile
    Well, rag doll physics are usually quite expensive ( in CPU, etc ) , and also it's not easy to get "nice" and cool looking rag doll physics. Still now the devices are far more powerful than in the past, so we should see more games using rag doll physics :)