Mekorama

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Martin Magni, Mar 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Martin Magni, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Hi, I'm Martin Magni, the dev behind Odd Bot Out (TA interview). This past year I've been working on a new game called Mekorama:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Featuring:
    • - 50 tiny mechanical dioramas to explore
    • - Building blocks for making your own levels
    • - Share any level as a QR code (e.g. in this thread!)
    • - Try it for free, then pay what you want

Mekorama will be available Sunday, May 15, 2016 on the App Store for both iPhone and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Really loved Odd Bot Out, and this looks intriuging, don't want to beta test, because I once did and it felt like work and I wanna have fun playing games not work Ha ha, but I will buy your game when it's out, looking forward to it.

3. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Looks great! Loved Odd Bot Out, still dled on my iPad. I would love to beta test.

4. Cccee

Cccee Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I too have Odd Bot Out and MEKORAMA looks great too!

I'd love to Beta Test. I've done Beta Testing before.

Thanks!

5. Lennyapp

Lennyapp Member

Feb 26, 2016
    looking forward for it!

6. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    This looks amazing! I would love to beta test if you need any ^-^ this reminds me of monument valley Nice job!

7. carlf

carlf New Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Would love to beta test this!

8. sr388

sr388 Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Love the physics movement and puzzles of your previous game odd bot out as well as the playing feeling of this new game. It is an instabuy. Also, I would love to be a tester.

9. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Would like to beta test. Looks great!

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Odd Bot Out was pure genius. I bought copies on both iOS and Android via Google Play for my kids.

Mekorama looks breathtaking and I would love to get involved in the TestFlight as well. PM sent.

I'll keep my eye on social accounts, teasers etc.

11. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Sent PM for beta test... Game looks cool

12. flenser

flenser Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Hi Martin,

My little boy loves puzzle games, he's devoured Monument Valley, Tiny Thief, etc.
    I would love for us to get in on the beta.

13. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Gorgeous, on my Watch List. Sent you a PM!
    - Tony

14. philipamour

philipamour New Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Product Designer
    London, UK
    Attempted to send a PM with my email, not sure if it went through - TouchArcade forums are insanely confusing and hard to use.

Re game: Looks beautiful and I can definitively see that it was inspired by Monument Valley. Can't wait to get my claws on it. #

15. edepot

edepot New Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Beta Test

Want to beta test this. Have a fairly large youtube channel

16. Thank you all for the kind words!! Both here and in PMs.

I've been working in isolation for a long time before announcing this new game. I worried that everyone would've already forgotten about Odd Bot Out and me. Clearly not you guys :)

There's now a web page with some more info at www.mekorama.com. And a Facebook page, on which I plan to regularly feature new levels after release. The creative mode and QR code sharing should already be working in the beta. So if you make levels, feel free to post them in this forum thread for other beta testers to scan!

PS. If you're still waiting for a beta invite, make sure to PM me the email you want the invite sent to.

17. sr388

sr388 Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks Martin for the invitation.
    I have not the iphone with me right now, because I am in other city, but this sunday I will be back in my house, so I will test the game that day. Thanks again and wishing to play it already.

Regards.

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The game is really well done. So polished. The controls are spot on - only a couple times have I not thought I moved my bot when he was inside a stair well. Overall so so nice and crisp. It's LIKE monument valley but on the other hand it really isn't. I was never that big a monument valley fan (I know - shocking) as it wasn't really my thing but this has me hooked right from the start.

Love that there is the option to pay what you want for the game - instead of in apps it's a pay what you think the game is worth.

Haven't been able to test out the camera and codes yet but what a unique concept - make levels and share them with QR codes. So awesome!!!

Can't wait to play more!!

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Loving the beta so far. The level editor's taking a bit of trial and error, but I managed to knock this up.

Attached Files:

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #20 mr_bez, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Is there a bug in the Water mill level? I can get to the top level of the mill with the red robot and take 1 step forward, which I feel should make him walk through the rest of the mill and out the other side, but he just spins on the spot inside the mill.

Edit: never mind! Worked it out.