Universal Happy Happy Donuts Beta by Lucid Games Ltd

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nickjdavies, May 15, 2015.

1. nickjdavies

nickjdavies Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Co Founder at Lucid Games
    Liverpool
    #1 nickjdavies, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Hi Guys

Nick from Lucid Games here (Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery, 2K Drive, Geometry Wars). We're going to be launching a new puzzle game called 'Happy Happy Donuts' pretty soon and we'd love to get a few Beta testers involved to get some final feedback and insight before we unleash it on the public.

Am not sure Match 3 games are always everyones cup of tea on the TA Forums, but this one has a different feel to most currently on the store, we have a rotation mechanic, hence its tagline'Match 3 with a Twist' We're also really pleased with the art style and presentation of the game and hope it will be a really polished and enjoyable experience, with lots of features such as:

● Hunger inducing visuals will make you crave your next donut.
    ● Complete Daily Quests or discover the Rainbow Raccoon to reap rewards.
    ● Curious Animals and the Donut Chef's tools help boost your chance of completing levels.
    ● Progress through challenging levels, some of which demand some brainpower!
    ● Easy to play, just tap to move.
    ● 144 swirling levels will have you dreaming of solutions night and day.
    ● Leaderboards showcase the best amongst your friends.
    ● Sync Happy Happy Donuts across devices so you can always play where you left off.

There's a few screens below for you to take a look, if you're interested in helping us out then you can sign up to be a Beta tester, we'll send you a mail next week with installation instructions and it should be plain sailing from there.

Note - this is going to be limited to sign ups this weekend so we won't take any more names after Monday morning.

Don't worry, we won't spam you with any other requests or pass on your details if you sign up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    This game is bananas! It actually adds some cool demensions to the match formula that are a lot of fun, plus the bunnies are too cute bouncing around

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    So it plays differently to other match3 games? I like match 3 games but I am on the look out for something the sweetens up the genre.

Signed up to the BETA

4. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Donuts plus match 3 plus lucid = sign up :p

5. nickjdavies

Jun 11, 2014
    Liverpool
    Thanks for the feedback, we'll add any new testers to the beta on Monday. Feel free to pass on to any friends as the more the merrier!

6. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Signed up for the beta as well. I'll post some feedback as soon as I get it installed & give it a go. Thank You!!:)

7. AngryBirds5

AngryBirds5 Member

May 24, 2015
    Developer
    Sydney
    I signed up too :) Cheers

8. nickjdavies

Jun 11, 2014
    Liverpool
    Everyone so far has been added

9. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    So, the mechanic is bejeweled twist/gyromancer? Or something else?

10. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Been playing this game and I think it has added a really interesting "twist" (intended pun) on the match 3 genre. It's really well made so I congratulate you guys on that. As always I am sure you want to hear the areas which we think need improvement so I will post them here to see if others agree or want to add to them.

- No explanation as to how you complete levels five stars. Is there a time limit, move limit etc? I figured out it is based on points but it was never specified.
    - First time on levels with tutorials you have the best chance of finishing them. This is because the tutorial gives you the power ups without you having to find them. Maybe the tutorial part should just be a short pop up video of the move instead of forcing you to do it. Or even a quick level that should be able to be completed quite easily.
    - Retry button at the end of a level. Only shows up when you 3 star a level.
    - Kiddy sound effect. Your target audience aren't going to be 3 year old kids. The kids laughter after each move is disturbingly creepy, irritating and unneeded.
    - Twitter integration. Not only so people can post their scores and progress but also because it spreads the game out there on social media.

11. nickjdavies

Jun 11, 2014
    Liverpool
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it onto the team..