Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Got my first hail, first try in normal cave with cold and lightning. Also finally got my first garnet!!! Now to get the egg......... Sigh :D

2. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    In past updates, what were seemingly bug fixes turned out to be new dragons hidden in the games code to be released at their preferred time. Those crazy hacker dudes found hidden dragons in the games code before, so we know now that any update with just "bug fixes" is usually more than that.

I'd certainly like to see all the remainder hybrids we're missing.

3. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Congrats I have a question jazbodooley are you still playing pet hotel because mine has had loading issues forever and I lost all my stuff and they can not put it Back. I love that game but would have to start over and that's alot of money. I am sorry DV friends. I love Dragonvale too and play everyday and wish they would give us another island.forgive for asking here Good luck on the new dragon.

4. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Two little Hails in both breeding spots with Storm/Firefly~ o.o

Congrats on the Garnet, Jazbodooley!!

5. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Ugh... Sun/moon fail

6. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Hi timeless! Yes, I must confess! I do still play pet hotel and I seem to be one of the fortunate ones that hasn't had too many problems (fingers crossed!) I'm level 60 something and have 464 rooms :D I've read the forums and a lot of people seem to have loading issues, pets kicked out of party rooms, losing friends etc :( I'm sorry that you're one of those unlucky ones, I really like the game. I think I would be tempted to start again if I lost my hotel........

Sorry for high jacking the DV forum! I'll stop now :D

By the way, just got my garnet egg for display so can relax now!!!! :p

7. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Man, having trouble getting my second Solstice. 0 for 5 with solstice + equinox. Doesn't seem to be the 50% sandbox shows.

However, while I got a sun/moon fail on EBI going for hail, I then got back to back hails from the cave!

8. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I need to redecorate/rearrange in the worst way. I just had to plop a Cold Habitat in the middle of my shrine/junk island to make room for Hail. Who has the time? It would be easier if I were starting off with a blank island. But shuffling everything around already packed islands without selling everything off takes too much time and effort. It doesn't help that I have one island dedicated to nothing but eggs.

9. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Got both Hail with cold+lighting....after a sun fail :cool:

I know this is a horrid thing to say...but I'm hoping for no epics in the next 2 weeks. :rolleyes:
    I'll be aboard ship with no wifi connection. I haven't missed a dragon yet since this game came online, and I'll be heartbroken if I do. I shall be going thru Dragonvale withdrawal till Feb 2. :(

10. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I got both of my Hails with Firefly/Storm with a 48 hr in the middle.

Not sure what limited dragon will be next, nothing special that I can think of until Feb. 14. Hoping for another island (even though loading time is already slow) and an Epic Shrine. Just did a recap of Epics and I have 76. Probably need to sell some but can't bring myself to do it :).

11. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    I finally got my second Solstice, now to try for a second Gold Olympus... The first one only took 3 months...

12. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #7732 dean288367, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Sorry guys but I am going to hijack the thread also for a few words :D

I know some of you play Breaktime games and I was just reading their support site and they announced that there would be no new items in PP, SS, DD. But the big news if I understood correctly is that the servers used for these games will stop supporting the games sometime in April/May (the game will not load, not sure about this or if there will just not be any customer support ??) Just a heads up.

Ok, back to my favorite game Dragonvale.

13. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Hello every one.

Finally got my second garnet. Also got my first hail and glacier, now i just need the platinum and gold oly. Might try in the cave to get a third garnet to make it a baby with the fountain.

14. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I am sorry I would like to say for those that play pocket gem games Tap zoo and hotel have loading issues, They are not supporting all of there games so becareful.I am done with them they take as much money as they can and they do not back up there games,If you play there games be sure they are still supporting it .I am sorry Dragonvale back to my favorite game that always works.Forgive me Guys.

15. N3sty5

N3sty5 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Careful with Glu games too. They do not back up their games also. My wife played Lil Kingdom, she spent money getting some gems and had around 80 floors and lost every thing.

16. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I tried for awhile but could just never get into Lil Kingdom.

17. Lel0501

Lel0501 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Well my birthday month has been very productive for me so far. Got seasonal at last after months and months of trying. Second attempt too I think which nearly had me fall off the chair in shock. Platinum is proving to be a little more elusive :confused: have one hail but just got another 48 hr fail whilst trying for the egg. Am so far behind with my dragons and eggs that I've given up trying to get two of every dragon. List still to get, scoria, silver and silver oly I think. However am about 30 eggs short!;) onwards onwards. Happy breeding everyone x

18. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Just need garnet egg to move into hail and the rest of the eggs I'm missing!

Something big is coming I can feel it

19. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I always go for two dragons first, then I can get the egg when I have time for it.

I am up to date with all dragons again! Still need second platinum and gold Olympus but have at least one of every dragon... Until the next update at least!

20. Zeital

Zeital Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Going to get a garnet dragon hatch on my bday XD

Still haven't been able to get a rainbow dragon no matter how much I try got like 3 leap yrs when they had the 'bring em back' lol >>