BeatRider and OS 3.0 questions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KindredSpirit, Jun 23, 2009.

1. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Developer/Student
    inside my iTouch
    BeatRider's current service is that you upload your own mp3 songs to their server, they convert it for the game, and then you download it. I was very disappointed to learn that even with the 3.0 update, there weren't plans to implement using your itunes library instead of uploading, as 3.0 allows. Anybody have any info on this?

2. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    OS 3.0 does not allow for actual access to and reading your iPod library. It allows only for playing the music through the app. So, it's impossible in any way but in it's current form. So we're shit outta luck.

3. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I guess if you say it that way. It's not THAT inconvenient in my opinion. The expiry thing is annoying though.

4. skamando

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    No I'm not complaining I don't mind it all that much. but apparently this guy does.

5. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    there needs to be an option for the people without wifi

6. skamando

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Impossible. Sorry.

7. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    i didnt say it was possible...but there still needs to be an option for people without wifi

8. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    People without WiFi shouldn't have an iPhone/iPod Touch. You can't do basically 3/4 of the things you could do with WiFi. And, BeatRider allows you to play when you're offline provided that you have already downloaded the songs.

9. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    agreed +1

10. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Ya regardless of the numerous people who bought ipods touchs to play music or videos lol. I can play games just fine without wifi and im not nerdy enough to care about online leaderboards or clans or whatever you guys are into now a days....I make music....i thought it would be cool to be able to play beatrider using my own music. Cant do it without wifi and im not nerdy enough to buy wifi just to connect my ipod to it.

11. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I guess having WiFi is nerdy now? Ugh, I am in trouble...

12. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Once they are uploaded by wi-fi, do they stay in the games memory, or do you always need to be connected to play?

13. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    It stays in the game; once you upload then download the songs you can play offline.

14. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I didn't know having wireless internet access was nerdy. When we got it, I heard something like it being convenient and easier to use than having to sit somewhere and plug a wire into your computer. Isn't that kindof like sayin having a laptop is nerdy? Or... Having a cell phone? Those tend to be wireless nowadays.

I'm guessing Apple thought having an internet port would be a bit cumbersome. Though it would be neat to have one, I must admit. Sometimes my wifi hates me, and I can't do much but just use my cell service... Or jut ignore it.

15. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    I said im too nerdy to buy wifi just to connect my ipod to the internet....in response to people saying ipod should only be owned by people with wifi...

16. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Apparently when you move this program to a new phone (like going to 3GS) you can't log into your original account. It only gives you the option to sign into a new one (really lame).

17. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Really?!

Well that kind of sucks.

18. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    It's not nerdy having wifi. All Mac's have it so I have 2 access points in the house, and I always leave it on wifi so it's all automatic. And I like seeing if I got in the top ten.

19. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    The main reason I am so eager for the OS3.0 is that I thought the soon to be update for beatrider will allow us to play music directly in our music library. Guess it would not be implemented then? Quite a loss.

20. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    It's not possible. 3.0 allows access to the library in that you can use your own songs while playing a game not actual access to the mp3 files.