Universal Team Awesome - (by Ezone)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Game Whiz

Game Whiz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Janitor/Developer/Whatever needs to be done around
    Portugal
    Thanks! I wish you the best of luck! You've got my money as soon as the game comes out.

2. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    @Sanuku: Thanks for making the gameplay video!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's a runner game with flying elements, all done with the Ezone style. Im loving this more than my other purchases today.

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Yep, this is a buy for me tonight!

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #26 syntheticvoid, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Well... I will admit that it's not exactly what I expected, but it's a great change from Diversion, while still keeping the tone similar. Definitely a great buy at a buck. =oD

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I'll admit I was expecting...well, pretty much just a reskin of Diversion, but nah, I'm glad this is what it is, because this and Diversion can both live happily on our devices without the need to replace either one of them. Really, really enjoying this and it certainly was worth the wait. Also, having Jon St. John in your pocket at all times is just the best! :p

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Hmm...also not quite what I was expecting after Diversion, which was, well, awesome. Was expecting more along the lines of the platforming in that game vs more focus on the runner side of things here.

There are a lot of great things going for this game in the level design and just overall feel of the game. That said, I was a little taken back by it's need for grinding or IAPs that make it feel more like a freemium game. When I saw that you could unlock levels early using coins, I thought, well that's okay. But after leveling up and opening the next chapter, I was surprised to see that you still had to use coins to play it. The upgrade system also just has the freemium feel and paying 500 coins to renew your awesomeness?

Yes, it's only a dollar (but apparently that's a half price sale). Guess it just rubbed me the wrong way.

You can tell a lot of creativity and effort went into the game so I'm not denying that.

Will play some more to get a better idea of the generousity of the coins and progression.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #29 metalcasket, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Wait...what? I just double checked and that isn't the case with me at least. I've got the first two unlockable levels unlocked with nothing prompting me to spend coins (of course after initially buying them). :/

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Just checked myself and, yeah, at least for me it still charges to open them. Underneath the chapter it'll have like 250 coins to open it even after it's unlocked. Of course, it's lower than you'd pay to unlock the early. There's no prompt confirming your purchase but it deducts the coins.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It does charge you ingame coins to unlock, but it's one-time.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I'm 110% sure it's just a one-time unlock. Perhaps it's a 3GS-only issue?

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm not a huge fan of 'runner' style games with only one button but i have been pleasantly surprised with this one. Like the graphics, the animations are superb.

Been playing the first few levels, really enjoying it, bargain at the price

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No mention of Duke frickin' Nukem doing voiceovers? ;)

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah good point ! Yep i should have said that, its so weird hearing his voice and obviously you think of Duke straight away. That must have cost them a bit to get him to do it ! But does sound great

15. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Is there a end to each level or are they endless. I havenot reached a ending so I'm not sure. If the devs can shed done light on this. Thanks!!

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I believe each level just acts like a new "area" in an endless runner...apparently each with a highscore of its own. I could be wrong though, but yeah...doesn't look like there's an end to them...unless you consider completing each of the 3 missions as an end. ;)

17. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I guess the end is completing the 3 missions each lvl. Anyway, it's a awesome game, love the graphic and everything. Thanks dev, looking forward for next content update!

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... isnt this too early to be asking for content updates? Looks to me like there's tons of stuff to do in the game already!

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, it is only one time, but for each level. Just thought it was a little strange that it not only requires you to level up, but also pay to unlock each one. Think you should only have to pay if you want to take a short cut to avoid grinding to level up (there's that too for higher coins).

Anyway, I'm enjoying the game. Just think it may be built with the idea to go feeemium at some point.