iPad Pocket God Journey to Uranus: Ep 6 - Decapithon

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by davecazz, Oct 26, 2011.

1. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Just noticed PGU just went up in price to $1.99. It had been sitting at $0.99 for awhile. I wonder if that's an indication that maybe an update is finally on the way. It doesn't seem like they've played too many pricing games in the past so I was thinking there might be some meaning to the price change.

2. davecazz

davecazz Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey, last night I changed the price but we are not doing any new content updates. there will be an update at the end of the year where we take out open feint but we are not planning on adding new content to PGU.

The price change is because PGU is really low in the ranks and we need to figure out how to make more revenue out of the game while we try to finish the runs. It's basically an experiment.

Although we do think that PGU has some pretty awesome mini games. it might not have as much content as PG but PG has been worked on for 4 years straight but we do think that PGU still more content than most other apps.

The problem is that we are finally hitting that point where we need to start focusing on new apps instead of tons of updates because our apps are not as high in the ranking as they used to be. If we were still in the top 50 with both apps we would be able to do updates for a long time to come.

3. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I completely understand that you need to put your time, effort and resources into apps that are going to make you money. Maybe you should experiment with a new PGU content update that is an IAP. Maybe your existing user base is loyal enough to buy it. I know I would (for my kids who love PGU.)

4. NeedPotato

NeedPotato New Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Im really missing the new updates

What happens? Why not coming updates for the game?! The last update was just a bug fix and it was ath 2012 december!!!:mad:

I NEED MORE UPDATES!!:mad::mad::mad:

5. davecazz

Patreon Indie

no more updates for PGU, we are working on new games. We have to be careful where we put our time.

6. Jea219

Jea219 New Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Student
    Mexico
    Update?

10/31/13 and still not even a rumor of an update, seriously?
    This is really disappointing, I thought it would be a great game, how do you expect to make a new good game, if you believe that it is ok to say that you basically don't care about all your costumers that have already bought a game in which you said you would launch new updates, because you need to make a new app to be "popular" in the top-ranking and save your time... It's just stupid, if you can't improve this game, that by the way isn't that original, it's basically pocket god, I'm sure you will never be able to create a game that people will like, besides the people that bought PGU, believe me, will never buy a new game of you, because you have already disappointed them, like me.

I can't believe your comments to the other people :mad:, it's like if you literally just didn't care about them...

7. davecazz

Patreon Indie

Journey to Uranus is finished, there are no more updates coming out for it.

There are more than 6 solid games in pgu that are equivalent to stand-alone games on their own. Maybe it doesnt match pocket god, but there is more content in pgu than in most other apps for the same price.

8. Adarsh02

Adarsh02 Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Why did you guys have stopped adding things to PGU?

You should have added basics things like fire ants, temperature, dodo bird, fishing, ooga jump, the runs, underwater areas, etc. and if you have added these things and had raised its price to 4 USD, then also a huge amount of your customers have had bought it!

So please add more things to this game, Please I beg You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please!!!
    Add more things to PGU!!

9. Adarsh02

Adarsh02 Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Hey if you guys don't want to update PG JTU, then make PG iPad compatible!
    Your sales will go above MT. Everest if you do this and change it's price to 1.99 USD.

This was my suggestion to you please think at this topic, please!
    Keep making great apps!

Best wishes from
    Adarsh

10. rew711

rew711 New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Welp, its been 3 years, what now?

This game had so much potential. Yet, you stopped at 6, because... why? You didn't even make it to episode 10. Let alone 7. You really need to add something to this. You are ripping people off. Pocket God has had a good 5 or 7 updates since then giving lots more content. Going into a whole new island, more stuff under water, and... just... so much more. You could make a Star Wars theme for Journey. You could also change the name, though its funny, if you feel like its needed. The games on JtU are a lot more fun than PG originals. You should continue, people would be redownloading and stuff. You're original is still in the top charts so why not just finish up with its 50 episodes and get to work on this ones next one again. There are so many ideas you could implement. The original has a lot, with over 4 games you can play, I think 7 in total, 4 to 8 smaller games you can play, over 30 to 40 different things you can do to the Pygmies and yet there's still more.

You know what would be fun? A RPG on the Journey to Uranus. Not something big but something you could expand if you ever felt like it. Please, just add some more stuff to the 0.99¢ app.

11. rew711

rew711 New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    I have an idea for Pocket God JtU

Okay, what if you guys added a DLC for 0.99¢? It would be called Journey to (whatever) and feature a new universe.

Okay, one thing that hit me about JtU is that the original PG has just as many games you'd need to pay for and still more mini-games and costs the same amount of money. (You guys are even still updating it.) You can still every once a year add one more thing to JtU universe, but make a separate Universe based off of something else.

Make a RPG add-on so that you can send one of your Pygmies to "Journey to the Center of Uranus". You play in a retro feel and must level up the Pygmy you chose as you go, gaining weapons and such to make it to the center. Make it so each 10 floors you go down, you face a foe. Make there be 100 in total and allow the last enemy to be at the 100,000 level and be pretty much unbeatable. It'll be fun to be able to pass the first few floors and need to grind to follow suit downward. Allow multiplayer so that teammates help or to face off.

Make a new Universe add-on based off space movies (like Star-Treck, Star Wars, and such) to make funny mini-games in that 0.99¢. You can have, save the Princess where you must try and save a girl Pygmy from a tower. You can have whack-a-pygmy. And other such mini-games in the add on.

In the regular universe, you should make a underwater utopia in Neptune and allow us to play as a shark that has grown to love to eat Pygmies after its first taste and now you must eat as many Pygmies as you can before your life runs out. The higher the level, the more obstacles and less time you have to eat another Pygmy, must eat the other 7 for the first level, and all 8 from then on.

Scores should also be shown globally on JtU to see who has the best score in the world. Or local area.