Do CAVE's games EVER go on sale?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CioCio, Apr 6, 2011.

1. CioCio

CioCio Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    I've waited for months for any one of their games to go on sale (I'm talking the $.99-$2.99 variety, not $4.99) and thus far it's been to no avail.

There are tons of bullet hell and vertical shooters on the App Store; why should CAVE's games get more of my money than those others?

Please, those who have partaken in their releases, do share.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Because their games are exponentially better than other vertical shooters that call themselves "bullet hells." Because the same games sell on consoles and PCs for 5-10 times as much.

If you want the closest approximation to a Cave shooter for a bargain price, pick up Fast Striker instead.

EDIT: Spamcam's links say it all ;).

3. CioCio

CioCio Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    *cough*

4. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

April 9, Bug Panic will be on sale for $0.99.

Espgaluda and DoDonPachiR are on sale for $4.99 right now, and both are definitely worth that price.

If you're a bullet hell fan, all of these titles are the best in the app-store, and I guarantee that I'm not the only one who thinks likewise.

5. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    It seams this discount for Cave games is only for American store coz in Croatian price is still 8.99$..
    But at this price it's still a bargain!! I would pay double without thinking!

And you can't compare Cave shooters with other ones coz it's just... stupid!

If you can't afford these games now on discounted price, just buy Phoenix and start saving money for right things ;)

6. Caladell

Caladell Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Check back later CroRock. Sale prices aren't showing up yet, at least here (NW US)

7. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm glad to support a developer who doesn't run such sales.

8. CioCio

CioCio Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Ironic, given that Bug Panic is about to be dropped to $.99, albeit for a very good international cause.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think the good cause excuses them. No one would really complain about a developer dropping prices in an attempt to save some lives :)

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    The price drop is official now. I hope to see a lot of action in multiplayer for Mushihimesama BUG PANIC. For the cause, and the because. ;)

11. wensler

wensler Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    I agree with you....

12. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    #13 seyoon, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  13. CioCio

CioCio Well-Known Member