Attack Force Lite gets rejected...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by podesta, Nov 5, 2009.

1. podesta

podesta Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Brisbane Australia
    Breaking news...
    Attack Force Lite got rejected from the App Store for objectional content.
    Still waiting for clarification. Apple sent us this screenshot.
    Don't look if easily offended...

not sure how long before they realise they passed the full version with all 6 levels of this disgusting content.

Attached Files:

2. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    So it got rejected for having a cartoon cheerleader in the game?

:eek:

3. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK
    Gutted was waiting for a Lite version to try.

4. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    actually if you look all the way to the right, it looks like the guy has his dinger sticking out, even though I'm sure it's his belt.

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    what the heck? I can't tell whats wrong with that picture?
    either Apple doesn't like hot dog stands or fish... :(

6. DevL

DevL Active Member

What rating have you set it to?
    It might be infringing 'cartoon or fantasy violence' with the blood.

7. clzander

clzander Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Actually, it's the patch on the knee of the pants. You can see the same patch on the other leg.

8. podesta

podesta Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Brisbane Australia
    We're assuming either that cartoon red splat or they don't like to see ample breasted women. With all the gory zombie games on the AppStore I can't believe they are still concerned about a comic red splat.

We're willing to reduce the wobble on the bazoonkas if necessary as long as it doesn't compromise the artistic vision we are trying to portray. ;)

9. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    hahahahaah well put. seriously tho, i cant believe they rejected it over this screenie. its not even bad..i mean, there's an app called Asian Boobs. seriously, thats the exact title, for apple to have possibly rejected it due to the busty cheerleader, and allow afore mentioned app to go through..then..idk..thats retarded.

10. podesta

podesta Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Brisbane Australia
    well, I think we'll remove the cheerleader and the blood splat from the lite version and resubmit, though we'll probably need to replace the blood splat with something to give feedback that someone is taking damage.

Hopefully they're not upset about the animal cruelty when you kill the eagles :)
    but thats not really evident in the screenshot, so my money is on the red blood.
    I know Pezza (Phart Games) had to replace some zombie blood with green blood to get his app on the store a long while ago.

Alternatively we could just submit again and hope we get someone less easily offended reviewing it next time... No idea how their process works really.

11. podesta

podesta Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Brisbane Australia
    final update... they've approved it now. we sent them back a letter saying they approved that "5 minutes to kill yourself" so they should approve ours :) and 2 days later we get the approval notice.

Must be some pretty random staff on that approval team.

Should be on the AppStore anytime now.