Unofficial Pocket RPG guide/help thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheBeastlyNinja, Sep 4, 2011.

1. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I noticed that there was no dedicated Pocket RPG thread similar to the Aralon help thread. So I decided to make one.

Here you can post tips, tricks, or useful information regarding the game. Or if your having trouble you can ask for some help.

You can also post here if you have a cool story or moment that happened in your adventures.

2. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I think we should all try to find all the secrets in each level and post them on the OP.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Don't the secrets refer to special areas in a level? I find them by slipping through cracks in the walls. So if those indeed are the secrets in a level then they will be random for each since each dungeon is uniquely generated every time you play it.

Or did I stumble on secrets that were so secret I didn't even realize?

4. TheBeastlyNinja

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Idk about random areas because I played through the first 2 quests 2 times and the lvls were identical

5. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    Personally I have problem with the last boss in the last area, the move it makes I have trouble dogging it.

6. Arashi541

How do get through the cracks in the wall?

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Glad a thread has been started for Pocket RPG. Good call. Will post with questions or comments when necessary.

8. TheBeastlyNinja

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Not sure could be a possible bug. Also I'm finishing up my dark archer play through which character should I do next?

9. Arashi541

I recomend the berserker or the guy with the cool mustache next. He has a different control scheme which will be a nice break in between the dark archer and the mage. So what exactly is randomized?:confused:

10. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    When I have replayed a level the dungeon layout has been different each time. It even says in the description that the levels are randomly generated.

When I meant cracks too I was able to hack through them. Also secrets that I have unlocked have been going off the main path - so if the main path was right (say) and I traveled up and around to the left, found a chest hidden in the wall, that was a secret.

But the next time I played that level (after beating it, if you lose and replay the level it is the same) it is laid out differently and I had to go finding it again.

11. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    The secrets are random - sometimes you may have none on a particular map, and other times have three. They are not alwys visible as cracks in the walls. Just hit the walls on any large areas, nooks, etc.

12. Psyborg

Psyborg New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Some info needed

I'm glad I found this thread, it's the only info-related resource for Pocket RPG I've found so far.

I'm confused about skill learning and weapon unlocking.

I've leveled up a bunch of times, I still have no skill points to learn skills. Also, I've collected a bunch of gold but only a fraction of it seems available for weapon unlocking. What's the system here? I just don't get it and there's no documentation. Thanks for any info. :)

13. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    A lot of the unlockables are only available after completing certain quests. For better or worse, every aspect of Pocket RPG works to dissuade power-levelling.

14. TheBeastlyNinja

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    You buy the item in the shop thing after/before quests to have a CHANCE at getting them in the actual game. Also the money you don't spend is carried over into the next quest but items are not.

Hope I helped.

15. Psyborg

Psyborg New Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Thanks! I guess the general idea is to complete the entire first quest with the starting setup before being able to learn/unlock.

16. Keshekki

Keshekki Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Student
    I dunno, I'll check
    Hey guys! Just got Pocket RPG, any tips?

17. TheBeastlyNinja

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I reccommend you play he ranger first because it feels like a dual stick shooter. Ummm besides that feel free to ask of you need help

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #18 ArtNJ, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    I am confused about the items with +ghost arrows. What exactly are ghost arrows? The first skill is called ghost arrow, but that only shoots one blast. The second skill is not called ghost arrow. At times, you do seem to get bonus arrows off to the side, but it seems like you get a bunch in a row, not a random percent chance.

In general, the Dark Ranger active skills are hardly worth using at the moment, compared with the bonus stuff you get from equipment for your arrows (which can be very powerful). Right now, many of the passive skills like contagion (I think that is the name for increased disease spreading) are way better than the activatable skills. Overall, the Dark Ranger is very powerful and easy to use, but it would be nice if the activatable skills were better (more meaningful) and easier to reliably activate.

I'm mostly done as Dark Ranger (1 map left), and apart from learning what to do with the boulder, I only ran into one situation where I had no idea how to survive...gate closed & too many monsters too quickly with no escape. I had 3 lives that game, and still couldnt survive. Next game, different set up, that map was no problem.

19. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I think that it is those purple arrows that shoot off to the side. I have beaten the game and maxed the dark ranger, and it seems that the when I got the skills and items that allow for more ghost arrows or the ability to shoot them when focus is low, I saw much more of the purple ones. Those skills and items are actually very helpful because you will start firing a ton of arrows throughout the map, and when you have seeking and/or penetration to go along with it, they are incredible. I hope this helps.

20. TheBeastlyNinja

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Ghost arrows are the purple arrows you'll notice that spawn near your shoulders after a bit when you fire your regular arrows. They take on the same properties as your regular arrows (poison, seeking, bouncy, etc.)