Love Battle Princess coming soon to iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Flowermilk, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowermilk

Flowermilk Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    #1 Flowermilk, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    Hi everyone!

This is Flowermilk from Tenshi Noir. My partner Francis and I have been working on this little project for quite some time now. It's time to unleash it to you guys, with all our hopes that you'll like it.

Love Battle Princess is a fast paced arcade game. We really wanted to offer a different kind of gameplay. Something fresh, simple, but with enough depth to satisfy the more dedicated or hardcore players. Same with the art. No zombies here, but lovely ladies. No gore but colorful flowers.
    We've worked hard to find a concept and controls that feel perfectly natural on iPhone. And something that anyone can pick in a matter of minutes, but that would take weeks of fun to master and rank high on the online leader boards.

We are currently beta testing and aim at a late July release for all iPod Touch and iPhones.

But enough talking. Here's the trailer and a few screens

And follow the link for detailed info: www.tenshinoir.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oaqque

oaqque Well-Known Member

wow? I'm not too confident about the hot girls in the background. They might distract me from the game o.o

3. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    Ah ah well you'll have to exercise control :)
    Seriously Our male testers really enjoy the gameplay and they don't seem to be too distracted, at least not in a negative way :)

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahahah! Really laughed at this.

5. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    Gameplay Mechanic Tutorial

Just a quick update. We've added a new Gameplay section on our web site to explain how the game works.

Love Battle Princess has a new gameplay concept that doesn't fall into any category we know of so we felt it would be useful to start a series of quick visual tutorials.

We start simple with the very basic gameplay mechanic, the core of Love Battle Princess. Just follow the link and please don't hesitate to share your comments. We're still beta testing and any bit of feedback is highly valuable before we ship.

http://www.tenshinoir.com/?page_id=117

More soon...

6. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

Aren't those huge, in-your face, pointy-nipple images going to get the App rejected? Other Apps got rejected for a lot less...

7. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    We'll know when we'll submit it, which should be hopefully by the end of July :)
    Apple approval process seems pretty random and if some apps have been rejected for less, some others with way more still go through every day.

We also believe that Apple reviewers will understand that Love Battle Princess isn't just one opportunistic app. Even though it is very sexy, and we totally claim it, we have put a lot of effort in making a real game with a genuinely fun and innovative gameplay, and a cohesive (if a bit racy) art style.
    We trust Apple to have enough judgment to see the game for what it really is. Actually all of our testers so far, passed the initial amused/surprised reaction, really got into the game :)

8. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    Beta Testers Needed

If you want to be one of the first to play Love Battle Princess, here’s your chance! We are about to start our final beta test phase and we are looking for a fresh batch of testers.

If you’re interested, just send us a mail. Tell us simply why you want to be a beta tester, how much time you think you’ll be able to spend in the game per week, and we’ll get back to you shortly!

Thanks!

9. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    Gameplay section updated

We've updated the gameplay section on our web site, explaining a bit more about the advanced techniques of the game.
    You can check it there

Also we still have a few spots for beta testers. The more feedback we have, the better so don't hesitate to contact us if you're interested. :)

10. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    hey you want me to mail you or comment here :)?
    about any reports and etc?

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Will the backgrounds be available to be used as wallpaper? Not that I will (married with children) but some might want this feature.

12. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    eugekava, it's a very good point. We plan to add that in our first free update, unless we find out the time to squeeze it in just before the submission. It's a good incentive for players though and it's definitely on the roadmap.

iDRevolution, simply mail us using the private messaging or the mail from www.tenshinoir.com if you want to be part of the beta or do a review.

If I'm allowed I want to add that we just had our first preview. We're really happy that they saw that there's more that an obvious "visual interest" in the game.

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/love-battle-princess-hands-on-preview

13. iDRevolution

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    actually im already beta testing
    ill pm you if something
    and my english is not good enough for a review sorry :)

14. iDRevolution

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    Hey this game is just amazing
    i found something you should change
    when you want to choose level its toke me some time to get how to do it i think you should add arrows

15. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    It's funny because we had arrows in a previous build but we got rid of them and replaced them with The "flick screen to select princess". I guess we can bring them back :)
    Thanks for that.

16. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    OpenFeint Support!

Good news for the project!

OpenFeint approved Love Battle Princess yesterday. They actually stated that they really enjoyed the gameplay. Everyone who tried the game so far really dig the game mechanic, which was super important for us. So it’s official now, we have online leader-boards and 43 achievements in the game. We are fine tuning the game now, thanks to our beta testers, and we are very close to submission. Stay tuned for a new gameplay footage coming very soon!

17. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    New Gameplay Footage

Hey everyone

Just a quick update. Here's our first gameplay footage after the trailer.
    This one shows the best strategy to build a large vortex in no time.
    Enjoy!

18. Flowermilk

Jun 29, 2010
    Game Concept Artist
    SoCal
    Wallpapers!

Due to popular demand among our testers, we have added unlockable wallpapers in Love Battle Princess. skilled players will have the pleasure to see the girls adorning their iPhone desktop :)

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I just saw this Video and it looks realy,realy polished and playable ! Can't wait for Release.
    Good Luck !

20. TheKeywork

TheKeywork Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I can't wait for this game it looks so amazing!