Limbo for iPad? Any Possibility?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dampfnudel, Aug 7, 2010.

1. dampfnudel

dampfnudel Member

May 16, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Lucky XBLA (Xbox 360) owners recently got their hands on the 2D platform game, Limbo. I've seen the youtube videos and it looks great. I only have a PS3 and Wii, so I'm hoping either PSN or WiiWare gets it next year. However, I just thought how a touch version of the game for the iPad would really be cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HSyVXKYz8

http://www.limbogame.org/

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
  3. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    XD wow lol you really made me jump with happiness thinkibg it was out for ipad :( sigh, well i think it wudnt happen, i dont think xbox summer of arcade games generally get released to other platforms... Though im not sure
    Also this might be wrong place to post :)

4. Remon

Remon Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    +1 :eek:

5. dampfnudel

dampfnudel Member

May 16, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sorry if I got your hopes up for a sec. I'm hoping it's just time-exclusive like Castle Crashers.

6. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    I conquer, game seems very possible on ipad and maybe ipods/phones its all about the developers i guess, maybe we could all try contacting them?

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
  8. dampfnudel

dampfnudel Member

May 16, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    As in "zero" chances. Rather pessimistic.:(

9. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    There really is no chance ,first of all the developers are all about atmosphere and it just wouldn't be the same playing at Chuck E. Cheez's, second of all it's in the the xbla summer of arcade so it has to be exclusive to xbox for at least a year, third of all it was pulished by Microsoft games studios and the chances of seeing a legitimate mario game by nintendo on iPad. But you never know

10. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    that looks unreal.

11. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Sorry buddy, I just can't imagine it happening at all.

12. dampfnudel

dampfnudel Member

May 16, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm sure some people said that about Castle Crashers as well. Just like in the UK and Germany, I'm sure there are more PS3 owners in Denmark (where the developer is based) than Xbox 360 owners. I strongly believe that next year we'll see Limbo on at least one other platform. I could be wrong, but it seems the trend is for small games like this to go multi-platform eventually. The only problem is it might take a year or more...:(

I just saw a screenshot showing a child hanging from a tree.:eek: This game looks like you're playing in a child's nightmare.

13. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    after playing the game extensively, i dont see it ever reaching the iphone. there is some precise platforming going on there. The game makes you use the analog stick to either walk or run. iphone does not do virtual stick well. if they somehow take the character and atmosphere then turn it into a one button game, it might work.

14. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I hope it does come out friend, but it's not likely.
    Do yourself a favour and play it on 360!

15. dampfnudel

dampfnudel Member

May 16, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    The larger screen of the iPad would probably work better. In fact, this game would be perfect for the iPad, as long as the developer works out the controls effectively using the virtual joystick/buttons. Some developers do alright with them and others...:rolleyes:

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    1. Atmosphere my ass, how do they know what atmosphere your gaming room has? It could be like Chuck E. Cheez in there too.

2. Microsoft have published games that later went multi-plat before.

That said, I'm not feeling good on the chances anyway... I wouldn't get my hopes up.

17. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Apple + Microsoft = ...

Attached Files:

18. dampfnudel

dampfnudel Member

May 16, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    update, maybe next year???

I sent an e-mail to Playdead and just received a reply. They have no plans at this time to port Limbo to another platform. They also mentioned that they were starting a new project (no name or other info given). I'm still hoping, but I may have to find someone with a Xbox 360. I have a friend who had a Xbox 360; he sold it a few months ago. He has a PS3 only now.

19. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    They also said that on the contact part of the site ;)

20. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    How? I'd say more like Anakin. He was good but has recently turned to the dark side. Bill Gates is like Emperor Palpatine. He's more powerful than Steve Jobs and more evil. ;)