Zombie Infection vs Resident Evil 4 iPhone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kartel, May 13, 2010.

1. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    To those who've played both, which is better?

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Zombie Infection, by a lot.

3. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Is this really a question?

Zombie Infection hands down. It is actually a complete game.

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I read the topic subject and literally burst out laughing.

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Zombie Infection, for sure.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    RE4mobile was also a port from japanese mobile phones, it wasn't build from scratch for the iphone so take that into account.

Zombie Infection has the general gameloft feel to it, a good game but plagued with cut corners and lack of care in areas, still it's easily worth the tiny asking price gameloft agree to sell the app at.

7. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    RE4 - If you're really interested in the original game and the actual story from the series then this is a better choice. The game is however "cut up" compared to the console game. It also has a different style survival mode with various scenarios.

Zombie Infection - Solid gameplay and controls as expected from gameloft. The movies and character models are a big step up from older gameloft titles.

Overall I prefer Zombie Infection, though I still have both on my device and play them frequently.

8. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    RE 4 is a good game & zombie infection is a great game

9. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube, PS2 and Wii (Wii version is the best) is one of the single GREATEST games of ALL TIME

however the mobile version is terrible so I would recommend Zombie Infection as it is like a clone of RE4/5 (a good one at that) while RE4 iPhone isn't anything like RE4 is is just completely terrible.

10. adamjl

adamjl Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    i dont get why everyone is comparing res 4 to zombie infection, when res degeneration is an actual game for the iphone and not just a port, and most of the actual story from zombie infection is the same as the one from the mobile version, just set in brazil, so i dont see why you compare res 4 to zombie infection when a move viable comparison would be res degeneration, which zombie infection is by far better then both of them, content and gameplay wise in my opinion

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    RE Degeneration was originally an N-Gage game, which was ported over to the iPhone with slightly better graphics. It's a good game, but Zombie Infection is much better IMO.

12. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Zombie infection by far. I've really enjoyed it so far. I must admit that I liked RE4 at the time it came out, but its nowhere near the quality of Gameloft's newest title.

13. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Can you not read the thread title?

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I actually liked Degeneration: though it definitely looked like an N-Gage port, it did feel like a full game, unlike RE4, which played like a "scenes from Shakespeare" version of the original. Still, Zombie Infection is simply a much better game.

15. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I coulda swore I posted here before... But either way...

Resident Evil 4 was definetly the best of its time. Those graphics, at the time, were mind-blowing, especially considering that it ran full speed on a 1G. Plus, the gameplay and controls were unseen before, surpassing Degeneration's. Unfortunately, the way they broke up the game ruined it, and made it feel less like a real Resident Evil game.

And then we have Zombie Infection, which is WAY better. The gameplay is much more fluid and easier to control, the storyline isn't abridged and feels complete, even though it is level-based. And most importantly, it's nice and violent. Sounds a bit demented, but when you're playing a zombie game, you expect to be able to dismember them. It was a disappointment that there weren't even headshots (that showed a decapitation) or blood in Resident Evil 4.

So yeah, ZI is much better.

16. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Yeah, I loved Degeneration. It felt like a full Resident Evil game to me, rather than some "Best of" game. I actually completed the game because I liked it so much.

And the good news is, I'm experiencing the same thing with Zombie Infection. I feel like I'm going to be playing it extensively until I beat it.

17. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Zombie Infection, unless you really, REALLY want to play as Leon. Although, Resident Evil ran better on my 2G though.

18. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Zombie Infection fo shizzle.

19. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Is it so fo shizzle that it rizzles my nizzle?

20. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!