Labyrinth (Original) Gone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tap Dat App, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    So I subscribed to the 12 Days of Christmas the UK iTunes Store has going on even though I am in the US because I'm curious as to what they are getting for free. Well on the 8th day, they are getting the app "Labyrinth" for free...what I don't understand is that "Labyrinth" seems to have totally disappeared from the US Store and all that remains is "Labyrinth Lite" and "Labyrinth 2" (which btw is made by a different developer...) So I'm REALLY confused, when did all this happen and what's with the change in developers? Anyone care to explain or clear this all up for me? :S

2. Negamaki

Negamaki Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Apple just loves kicking us in the balls, don't they?

3. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
  4. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    I know I gotta make a UK iTunes Account...but that's not my question. Why or When did this app vanish from the US Store completely? And how come Labyrinth 1 and Labyrinth 2 are made by different developers but appear to be a part of the same series?

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The dev team hadn't been formed back then.

6. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Sorry, that still kinda confuses me...I don't really understand. Also, I noticed that the Original is also gone from the UK Store and ONLY appears because of that magical link...this is weird.

7. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Labyrinth and Let's Golf are gone, both are part of the UK 12 days of iTunes giveaways. I suspect that they were removed prior to the giveaway and will return after it is done.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not that hard. Codify made Labyrinth, then afterwards said "I know, let's form a dev team!". His friends and contacts got together and Illusion Labs was born.

9. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Ok thanks for the answers guys and to confirm, their Twitter says "Don't know why L1 isn't available in the US right now. Probably Apple's doing due to 12 days of Christmas event?"