Universal Trainyard (by Matt Rix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Prab, Jun 9, 2010.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    #262 spidey, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
    It is a mighty good logo. :) Though I must say I like the trainyard express logo more :) Like the "Express" slipstream in it.

!! 100th post !! :D

2. keyser_soze

keyser_soze New Member

Nov 22, 2010
    #263 keyser_soze, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    15, and I'm sure I can get it shorter too. For some reason I can't submit tracks unless I'm on wifi. I'll upload it tonight.

Edit: uploaded as http://trainyard.ca/85h6

3. alidemedi

alidemedi New Member

Nov 28, 2010
    longest solutions

Hi. I have been playing trainyard and express for some time (not finished yet), submitted some solutions too. Great game, thanks a lot for this game. It really deserves more than 1 dollar.

Now I try to submit a "longest running solution". But as you know it is going to take a few days for very long solutions (like 5M steps) to run completely on the phone. Are you going to do something for this issue? Example: the web page can check if the solution works, by making it run much faster on the server. Actually, if it just solves the given path instead of running it, it should not take more than a few seconds to find if the solution is valid and the number of steps.

Or, can I send my solution to you if you have another ways to do this?

4. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about this right now. I don't have a program that runs the solutions on the server, however if your press "t" on your keyboard when the solution is playing in the web player, it'll go 100 times faster.

In the next update (hopefully coming before Christmas), I'm going to put in a turbo mode in the game where you can simulate the puzzles up to 100x faster than normal, so that'll make things quicker. Obviously not instantaneous, but fast enough for most people's uses.

-Matt

5. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I just checked the trainyard site... And i must say i loved the "longest solution" section.

Heck, it gave me an idea of a whole new puzzle mode in the game. Make a really, long, winding, and most importantly OVER-LAPPING route. Objective in this mode should be to figure out which track should be on top to begin with. It gets spectacularly complicated in some of the longest solutions.

6. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    #267 ElectricGrandpa, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    Hah that'd be interesting :)

In the next update (hopefully before Christmas), I'm including a little secret feature where if you double tap the status area in the bottom left while the trains are running, it goes into "warp mode" where it runs 100x faster than normal... Should make it so creating ultra long (million+ journey) solutions shouldn't take nearly as long.

7. 2manyapps

2manyapps New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Trainyard Strategy App?

I noticed a new Trainyard Strategy app yesterday. I didn't bother to download it as I've already finished it on my own :). This doesn't sound like it's from the original developer, but the icon similarity is uncanny! Does it really belong in the App Store?

8. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Nope, it's bogus! Unfortunately there's no much I can do about this. There are apps like that for a lot of games. I tried emailing Apple but I got no response.

9. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    I guess you know you've officially "arrived" when people are making unofficial strategy guides about your game..

10. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    now we're waiting on the official 180 strategy guide...

11. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    New versions of Trainyard and Trainyard Express are out!

Trainyard is also back on sale for Christmas, whooot.

Lots of fixes and enhancements and stuff.

I moved A Barrel Roll and Clown Car back into the bonus puzzles... and if you were on bonus puzzles before, they aren't gone, you just have to solve Cooksville Creek first and then they'll be unlocked.

12. andykn

andykn New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Move to new iphone

Anyone know how to move your status to a new iphone. I've got a new iphone 4 and it's loaded Trainyard from itunes but wants me to start at the beginning.

13. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    It should bring it over... unfortunately the only other alternative is to go into options and press "unlock all puzzles", and then continue from where you left off. It's not ideal, but it should work.

14. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Believer

Thought it was just another silly app but a buddy was fawning over it and I got the lite. 10 minutes later bought the full version and maybe the best $0.99 I've spent yet.

15. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  16. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Hey, if you guys could vote for Trainyard in the BestAppEver awards, I'd really appreciate it...

It's up for: Most Innovative Game, Best Casual Game, and Best Puzzle Game.

http://bestappever.com/vote/

Thanks!

17. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    any plans for gamecenter (specifically achievements)?

love the game :)

18. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Any new news on this game. too little hype for such an amazing game

19. ElectricGrandpa

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    Not yet I'm afraid. I've been really busy with a whole bunch of other stuff, but I'm gonna try and get the update out within the next month.