Universal Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore [Coming soon]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tobi@Fishlabs, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Hey guys!

As those of you who've seen today's Apple Key Note might know, we've got a new Galaxy on Fire game in the making! Stay tuned to this thread for regular news and vivid discussions on the Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore.

[​IMG]

Check out the official press release via http://bit.ly/gof3m-announcement and watch our reveal trailer on YouTube via http://bit.ly/gof3m-1st-trailer!

Cheers and all the best,
    Tobi

2. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    FINALLY!!! Been waiting for this for like forever!

3. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Thanks for the info, but in the wrong spot. Should be added to upcoming games.

4. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Great info! Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Signed up for the beta, fingers crossed.

PS: Maybe a mod can move it to the right area, seems like Tobi was too excited for the news and missed the right area. :D

5. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    looks great but i assume (unfortunately) it will be f2p and hope it doesn't bother us with energy timers or other nasty stuff that keeps us from playing.

6. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Finally.... God it's been months if not a year since I've had a game such me in and keep my attention. GoF2 and 1 both did that for me... And I was sad when 2 came to an end.

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

With the failure that was Alliances, I don't believe this is gonna be F2P. But I could be wrong.

8. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Gonna be more elite kind of game play... Or maybe more like Eve?
    Will it include online mp?

9. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    ... Hope they not turned it into shoot em up or action game :(

10. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Awesome, please be a premium game with no microtrasactions garbage.

11. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Hey guys, thanks for your feedback! Glad to here you're exciting about the game... and yeah, yesterday was a pretty crazy day here at the DS FISHLABS office, so I ended up placing our announcement in the wrong sub-forum. Cheers to whoever took care of this. :)

At this point in time, we cannot talk about the monetization model, the targeted platforms and concrete game features in detail, but we'll keep you in the loop regarding all further developments, reveals and news.

Also, we've set up social media profiles especially for GOF3 - Manticore on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Of course, we haven't shared a terrible lot of stuff there yet, but we'll keep filling 'em with regular (and often exclusive) content in the days, weeks and months to come. Feel free to follow us there, too.

http://www.facebook.com/gof3alliances
    http://www.twitter.com/gof3alliances
    http://www.instagram.com/gof3alliances

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I beg you not to disappoint us with another free2play abomination,I'm serious right now.GoF 2's success must have proven to your entire company that making premium games is also a good way to gain cash.

13. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #13 chaos_envoys, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    How about this???
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/EVERSPACE/news.asp?c=67082
    It's made by Rockfish games, and it seems so cool!!!! Do Rockfish games and Fishlabs are the same company?

Edit: their kickstarter is funded, but it's only for consoles though.... So sad...

Edit 2: this EVERSPACE contains no microtransactions... So yeah

14. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #14 Crabman, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    No,they are different now.The founders of Fishlab left the company (and started Rockfish) after they got bought from Deep Silver.With DS as publisher...GoF became F2P.

But the only other 2 games in the store by Deep Silver (the"secret files of..."adventures) are premium,so there is a little hope.Although it makes much more sense to make GoF f2p (with all the currency and other stuff you can buy ingame) than the ports of old pc adventures (not to mention the flak they would have get for such a move because the adventures are clearly aimed at people who are used to play games the"old fashion"way and most probably already played the secret files back in the days).

15. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I see..... That's a little letdown... But i surely hope this will be a premium game better than GOF2 though.. Not like the alliance abomination.. Or that Rockfish have a huge success on PC and decided to bring everspace to mobile~

16. EvilArev

EvilArev Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Did you know that Fishlabs basically went bankrupt "making premium games"? It is only through its aquisition by another company that they can still operate and make another GoF game. I'm all for premium titles, but let's not fool ourselves that it's a "good way to gain cash", as you put it.
    Regardless of the payment model, I'll be happy to jump on board as soon as the game launches. It's been a blast playing GoF2 and I'll gladly have some more of that. Even if it means waiting between sessions.

17. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Hey everybody, just to clear a few things up. We had already turned GOF2 into a free-to-play game and added in-app purchases with hindsight before we joined Koch Media. And Galaxy on Fire - Alliances had also been developed and released before the acquisition, not after.

As for Everspace, we all agree that our former colleagues did an exceptional job with it and we really like what we've seen of it so far. A lot of us -- especially those who've been in the company a bit longer -- are still good friends with the people working on Everspace and we're really happy that they reached their Kickstarter goal and got such an amazing response to their work. For us, this is not an either-or situation at all. Instead, we hope that people will enjoy both games, Everspace on their PCs and Manticore on their mobile devices.

18. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    yep,i appologize for the misleading info.

I just stumbled over this VERY informative and big article from Michael Schade (one of the two founders of fishlab) about the history of Galaxy on Fire 2 for mobile devices up to the point where he explained the move to f2p.It's in german unfortunately.

http://www.makinggames.biz/features/die-content-strategie-von-galaxy-on-fire-2,4593.html

But yeah,"basically"you can say that GoF made three times more money (with IAP) whenever it went free or after it went f2p at all.There you have hit :) So,i expect to see this here following the same route.But as long as it works without timers,HEAVY grinding or annoying pop up ads everywhere...

My most favorite business model is still a one time payment to"unlock"a premium game and get rid of timers and anything else that distracts me from playing but unfortunately this is a business model that doesn't seem to work out.I've heard this more than once.People just stick to their"lite"version instead.

19. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I totally agree but free2play to me and to many other TA members is not free with more content or free with premium unlock.Brutal Free2play to me is a gruesome abomination,a parody of a game with tons of energy bars,grinding and a crazy amount of currencies.Basically what Unkilled is,compared to DT 2,it totally sucks.

Oh well,I'm sure that this won't be brutal free2play since you can't make a free2play game out of this genre or else the whole series will go to sh%t.I mean it's an open world space game,making it with energy bars,boring missions and tons of grinding will destroy the entire concept of open world.

20. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Looks like the prequel will be Apple TV exclusive

Attached Files: