7 cities or elementalmonster td

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by weedeatinflyincougar, Jun 4, 2009.

1. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    which should i get

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

without a doubt 7 cities. i love both, however 7 cities is a notch above, although you can't go wrong with either. EMtd adds a card based system to it, so if magic the gathering is your thing, then you should get EMtd otherwise go with 7 cities first. It's an amazing game.

3. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Try the lites of both of them and then decide. It's not that difficult.

4. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

there is no lite for 7 cities :p

5. weedeatinflyincougar

Jun 4, 2009
    for some reason i can't find the lite version of elementalmonsters td (ipod touch american app store)
    it's just not showing up, it says it exists on appsniper but it says that it is not available

6. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Go for 7 Cities. It is more polished.

While the card based battle system of EM is interesting, the different upgrade ways and graphical changes of the towers to reflect them are great. There's nothing better than to see fireballs flying over the map and burning ships sinking. 7 Cities is one of the best TD games in the AppStore (besides Creeps!, Fieldrunners and geoDefense).

7. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    Hmmm, there were lites for both of them. Seems both devs have withdrawn their lites.
    But back on topic. If you ask me, def. 7 Cities! I think it has the better grafix, gameplay and UI. Plus: I personally didn't like the card-based stuff in EMTD.

8. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    I prefer Elemental Monster TD. They are both fun though

9. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    +1 for emtd, the cards dont really hinder the gameplay or anything, its just a way for u to select which towers you want to bring to battle and a way to show u their stats and all that. i like 7c too but i dont like the pirate theme lol

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    IMO, 7 Cities is fantastic, Elemental Monster is alright...it's good, but it's not 7 Cities good! ;)

11. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

7 cities FTW, i love that game, get it

12. rojas2

rojas2 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    I would say Elemental Monster TD because it has longer and more fun gameplay in my opinion. 7 cities is very good and fun but when I beat the game, it no longer had that much appeal to me. It is still a very good tower defense game but i stopped playing it after I beat it. It does have the different skills and that adds strategy but after it is beaten it loses its attractivity. And the game is easily beaten in one serious day of gameplay. Another thing that adds replayabiliyt is the open waters which is endless.
    EM TD is harder in my opinion and involves more strategy, and therefore it has longer gameplay and is more fun. There are 5 different levels and each level has 3 different phases. You have to also collect different cards that you can use in battle and that by itself gives the player a whole other objective in the game. Then some of the cards have special abilities adding more strategy. It takes a lot longer to beat than 7 cities.

Overall it depends on what you like, but in my opinion EM TD offers longer play and also more strategic gameplay. Hope that I helped.

13. rojas2

rojas2 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    I would say Elemental Monster TD because it has longer and more fun gameplay in my opinion. 7 cities is very good and fun but when I beat the game, it no longer had that much appeal to me. It is still a very good tower defense game but i stopped playing it after I beat it. It does have the different skills and that adds strategy but after it is beaten it loses its attractivity. And the game is easily beaten in one serious day of gameplay. Another thing that adds replayabiliyt is the open waters which is endless.
    EM TD is harder in my opinion and involves more strategy, and therefore it has longer gameplay and is more fun. There are 5 different levels and each level has 3 different phases. You have to also collect different cards that you can use in battle and that by itself gives the player a whole other objective in the game. Then some of the cards have special abilities adding more strategy. It takes a lot longer to beat than 7 cities.

Overall it depends on what you like, but in my opinion EM TD offers longer play and also more strategic gameplay. Hope that I helped.

14. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    get "The Creeps" and "GeoDefense", and you will not need any other tower defense games.

7 Cities is alright, but i'm not a fan of the graphics. Elemental Monster was pretty good, i'm still playing it, however it is a bit hard, so if you are just starting on the TD genre, i'd go for 7 cities. If you are a seasoned veteran, go for Elemental(although geodefense is harder ;D)

15. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I really liked ElementalMonster. It takes a really, really long time to beat, and I haven't beat it yet after 10 hours. 7 Cities is ok, the graphics are nice but the text that goes with the graphics aren't that great. Go for EMTD, it's really good.

16. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    My vote goes to Elemental Monster.

The card system will keep you playing for more and more. It was a very rewarding and challenging experience. The game also has better visuals in my opinion.

17. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

Elemental Monster is more difficult, looks better and have the card system

7 cities is fine, it's simple but have skill unlocker - smth original :)

go get GeoDefense instead %)

18. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    #18 Mormoop, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    7 Cities is worth getting but once you figure out the secret- which I won't spoil here- it's incredibly easy to beat. It's kind of a flawed game in that way, there just isn't a challenge. I do love the painting-style art and hope they come out with a sequel but it was over way too quickly for me.

Elemental Monster is, well, OK. Not my first choice, others may feel differently. I'll assume you have Fieldrunners, Geodefense and Sentinel? Any of those would be a better tower defense game, in my opinion, and take some strategy to beat. I'm still deciding how I feel about Tower Madness but it's on sale right now and might be a great option too.

Also... Uniwar! If you like strategy games don't pass this up. We need fresh blood on the multiplayer server, and that can be far more challenging that any TD game out there!

19. weedeatinflyincougar

Jun 4, 2009
    i already have creeps, fieldrunners, tapdefense and geodefense; also, i only have enough money for one of them (currently)