Is there a way to redownload all the games i've owned?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dumbname, Jan 13, 2010.

1. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    i'd like to have my whole collection in itunes, but there have been games which have been DLed from my ipod and deleted without being synced with itunes.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I wish there was a restore button.

Either have a good memory or go through your iTunes receipts that are emailed to you. That's how I keep record. I put them all in one folder so they stay organized.

3. highlyrefinedpirate

highlyrefinedpirate Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I know you used to be able to go into "purchase history" on your account, but I know that it's been reported to be missin lately.

anyone else know the status on this?

4. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    You have to re-download all of the apps individually. So, like GodSon said, go through your receipts, find the apps you don't have, and click the Buy button. It should say: "You've already purchased this app. Would you like to download it again?", or something along those lines. Choose the download option, and presto! You just completed your first of (most likely) several re-downloads.

5. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Just click on your account name, sign in and click on purchase history. Make sure you don't have any $credit in your account if you have a large amount of apps you want to redownload, there may be a few of them that have been resubmitted which means they won't be free even if you already paid for them at one point in time. It takes a while to download them all again one by one, I had to do it a few months ago when I bought a new computer.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    All my apps are backed up on dropbox. That way i can still re-install them whenever i want even if any apps are taken off the app store

You get 50 gig free with Mega.nz so you could even use that , open a free account and get itunes to back all your apps there

Its crazy when people dont back up their devices or apps

7. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I got a new iPad to upgrade from my ipad2 yesterday and wiped the ipad2 thinking I could just download all my games again but not so.

The purchased tab isn't showing me all the games I've bought and I can't remember half the games I had installed. Quite a downer all round :mad:

8. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Thats some big necromancy PSJ.

9. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    That's why I'd never rely on iCloud backups - and still sync to iTunes.

10. ToyRookGames

ToyRookGames Active Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Yeah I think the store only shows games you previously bought that are still available in the store. I had a lot of great games that I lost because they are no longer in the store.