Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Tucker, May 7, 2013.

1. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    On the side bar listing of iphone/ipad games, the "universal" games are listed under Iphone. Would it be difficult to have a separate listing of "universal" games? Many times I look for a thread for popular game that I play on my Ipad, and have to search through the Iphone list to find it because it is universal. It's just a pain in my butt, maybe no one else's.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I think it's because that's just the way the forums are organized. The iPad forum is iPad only, while the "iPhone" forum is iPhone only and universal apps. I made an awesome suggestion in this thread regarding reorganization:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=160532
    But I doubt we'll see anything happen.

3. I still wish they would do away with the ipad forum and make it just one forum, searcheable somehow by iphone, ipad, or universal. I never go to the ipad section hardly anymore, cause it is just kinda mostly junk. I still hope for one day for a consolidated section, or heck, move the universal games over to the ipad section, cause I could care less about the iphone only games. :)

4. ThisIsAUsername

ThisIsAUsername Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    I would like my subscribe threads to cause a number to pop on the the forums bar if one of them is replied to (like on the reviews bar). If this is implemented, only one number / thread would be best (so if the Star Command thread gets 200 replies, I won't be confused as to why I suddenly am subscribed to 200 threads that were all replied to)

5. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I feel the same way. If I'm debating between buying one game or another, I will always pick the universal one. And the ipad forum is junk like its been for awhile now, I agree with the one searchable forum.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I hope that doesn't mean you missed Brogue ;)

7. We all probably missed it, cause like it or not, most of us ipad folk don't read the ipad forum cause it is all junk games. Nowadays, I maybe it check it once a week, sometimes once a month, it is so sad.

Used to be, that I enjoyed going in there for the stickied thread about the ipad 4, but since it was discouraged in there for us to talk about general ipad issues in that thread, there is almost no reason to read the ipad thread.

So sad, cause I am about as pro ipad as one can get. But honestly, reading the ipad thread for the most part, is like reading the spam junk mail in my email box.... :(

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I dunno what you consider junk, but if you ask me there's way more of it in the iPhone forum. The iPad forum is slower, sure, but the junk:games ratio isn't that bad. Three of the best games of recent months are sitting in iPad forum threads: Brogue, Rigonauts and Cosmic Mechanic.

If it helps raise visibility for those games though, I'd welcome any changes.

9. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    I know the categories can make navigating weird, but I almost exclusively use the "new posts" link along the top of the forum header, which pulls posts from the entire forum.

Then when searching for a game, I'll either use a tab I already have open in the iPhone or iPad forum and search - but I have the most luck just clicking over to "advanced search" and typing in the game name.

I have no helpful and clever ideas to change the forum structure, but the way detailed above has been my standard MO for forums and works pretty well. So many people don't know the awesomeness of the "new posts" link. ;)

10. #10 Connector, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    Hmmm, I haven't read any of those threads, but as I said, I only really do a serious look at the ipad forum maybe once every month or so. Either it is a lot of junk, or there is hardly any activity in it. Guess it is pretty sad for someone as pro ipad as there can be not to read the ipad forum much, but if it was easier to get to the ipad games (again like one central forum) then more like us would participate. Even would be nice if some iphone only users would use the ipad threads so there would be more activity and interest.

Also, I would like to see some threads in the ipad gaming section devoted to other things like ipad rumours, ipad accessories, or ipad game recommendations. I wonder if I start any thread like this, whether the mods would move them to the lounge to die. If there were some threads like this, I would use the ipad forum. In the state it is in now, not really interesting to me. Maybe I will try to resurrect the stickied ipad 4 thread again, cause the ipad 5 is coming, and I need some reason to read the ipad forum. But yeah, I have the serious question, would these kind of threads be allowed in the ipad section? They just die in the lounge. Would love to see the ipad forum used more for ipad general issues too.

But thanks for the mention of those 3 games, I will look at the threads. But there has to be a better way for us to be able to notice which ipad only games are good. I'm sure not going to the ipad forum and clickng on each thread, it would be a waste of time. But thanks for the mentions, maybe I missed those three games cause they are ipad only. :)