Would like to see a touch arcade in newsstand

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by bigbowlofjelly, Oct 19, 2011.

?

Would you like to see touch arcade magazine in newsstand ?

1. Yes with free subscription

47.4%
  2. Yes also willing to pay

26.3%
  3. No

15.8%
  4. Not bothered

10.5%
  1. Please make a monthly reviews magazine for newsstand on iPhone and iPad
    but be the first magazine that looks like a magazine with page turning effects etc like ibooks instead of the pdf page crap on there at the moment.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

We've got an app due to release shortly that'll have most of this functionality, although without the newsstand approach since it'll be updated in real time instead of monthly "editions" for lack of a better way to put it.

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    And we've been hearing this for how long now? :rolleyes:

<3

4. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Easily EASILY 2 years....'09 is as far back as I remember rumors surfacing.

But I digress...im eager to see the TA app...super duper excited is putting it mildly.

5. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    I don't really see the point and benefit in having this.

6. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I've no intention of ever using newsstand so that is my stance. Would like to see an App though as long as it worked with the forums as well.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #7 bigrand1, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    There is a magazine already in the Newsstand for this called Apps. It covers apps and reviews them. I think it's printed in the UK. It's actually a good, informative publication. Check it out. It does not, however, have anything to do with forums. Personally, I don't see any use for a print format. That would mean all the info would be a couple of months old, and TA is all about up to the minute info, as well as posting impressions, Q and A help, and everything, really. The online info would have moved on long ago before anything can be printed, published, etc. So, IMO, that would be completely redundant.

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Was referring to an official toucharcade app not apps in general. Truthfully I just dislike the newsstand app and the way Apple have forced it onto the homescreen it puts me off ever trying it out.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It's actually very useful once you shed the whole "ew this is new" thing. :)

10. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I like newsstand as I'm a big magazine junkie, I just hope they get a bigger selection soon.

As for a Toucharcade magazine the next best thing would be if you have an iPad to get Flipboard (free) and load it with TA's twitter, Frontpage, and forum feeds. Works pretty great. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #11 bigrand1, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
    I understand what you meant and addressed that in the second half of my last post here as to why there would be no real benefit or point in a print format along side with the online content here, IMO. I DO agree, however, that the I don't appreciate the useless newsstand app (that I can't delete) being forced into my home screen like that. That's what folders are for, and we're all certainly capable of creating them for whatever genres we deem necessary for ourselves as we go along-or NOT! Right? Why stick one there? I'd be happy if I could at least get rid of it, as an option, though!