[official] zenonia release date!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Arland, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arland

Arland Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    According to their site : iphone.gamevil.com/upcoming.php

Keep in mind that it will only show up on your iphone or ipod touch I can't get it to show up in a normal browser.

The release is mid may 2009 according to the site check it out.

Zenonia

[​IMG]

Gamevil also revealed that they are bringing their Zenonia aciton-RPG to the iPhone. Zenonia is a successful existing Korean mobile title that has already sold over 600,000 copies. The game appears to be a very deep RPG with many nice details including day/night changes, slower movement when carrying many items, as well as the usual leveling up system, and skill upgrades.

[​IMG]

Some features listed by the developer include:
    # Day/Night changing
    # Hunger System
    # Choose between Good or Evil as you play through the game — Game story will change depending on which path you choose.

Zenonia will offer over 40 hours of gameplay. We managed to get an early copy of the game which is still in development. The game is mostly complete, however, with the exception of language-localization.

Controls use a relatively standard virtual D-Pad for movement and an attack/action button. Additional attacks and skills can be mapped to other virtual buttons along the bottom of the screen.

[hqyoutube]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktBJUmsR7fc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ktBJUmsR7fc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/hqyoutube]​

Sorry if this is the wrong thread I just wanted the community to know ASAP!

Feel free to move it

2. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    errr

i don't see it on the link lol

3. Arland

Arland Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    You have to browse to it on your iphone it doesn't work on your browser there is also a link inside the baseball superstars 2009 app.

Under more games

4. Paradox

Paradox Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    argh its taking too long...

5. Arland

Arland Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I know but its about 15 days away do hold onto your seat!

6. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    game looks great, reminds me of Brave Fencer Musashi for some reason.

7. Paradox

Paradox Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    lol reminds me of the good o'times of pok'em'on. :D

8. jjr

jjr Member

Feb 22, 2009
    it just about 2 weeks:)

9. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I cannot stress this enough, but as a beta tester I can tell you that it is NOT 2 weeks away. In fact, don't expect it until June. There is much to be done.

10. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Most games get released before they are "done". It's called Marketing pressure. Even Blizzard, the king of release date pushbacks still releases incomplete software.

11. Arland

Arland Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009

Then go to that site and see for your self that is the official site I think they would have the most current date on it correct?

12. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I think that data is old. They said they'll release mid-May like a month ago. I don't think Gamevil has updated their website yet because yeah.... there's no way this game can be released in 2 weeks if there's still so many bugs, crashes, and translation issues. That means they have one week to fix every bug in the game and submit it to Apple and wait another week. Be a little logical here, there's absolutely no way this game can be released like that with such high anticipation from so many people. It has to be the most polished gaming experience to satisfy gamers. I'm sorry Arland, but I think you're wrong.

13. Arland

Arland Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I might be wrong I just wanted to show the community the release date on their site.

14. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    I really hope it's out by mid-may but many of the beta testers say it's not fully translated so I doubt it.

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

im guessing late may to early june, the translating cant take that long to push release into late june

16. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Its not only translation. They have stated that they are re-doing menus, some of the UI, controls, etc. There are also some bugs and whatnot.

17. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

o then maybe late may to late june?

18. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Mid-may isn't a release "date".

19. Arland

Arland Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    that is what they have on their site

20. Vester