Castleparts, a cannon shooting and wall building game [BETA]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by bazola, May 8, 2017.

1. bazola

bazola Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Hello you lovely TouchArcade people!

I'm here to announce my latest game Castleparts. It's a new take on a retro classic from the NES era that I'm sure many of you know and love (Rampart). I've spent the last year lovingly crafting the game and I'm really excited about what it has to offer. The game should be released in about two weeks. It has some amazing pixel art work by Erin Johnson and a sweet chiptunes inspired soundtrack by Adam Pope. Check out the trailer for a sample:

Key Features:

• Cross Platform Multiplayer
    • Challenging AI to battle against
    • Two different battle modes, Conquer and Creep
    • Adventure mode where you explore a large map
    • Kingdom mode where you spend resources to build a persistent castle
    • Four playable characters that each have three unique spells (12 spells total)
    • All the building and shooting action you would expect!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please send me a message here or hit me up on twitter to get a beta invite. I would love to get feedback from the awesome people here on the forums.
    Pixelpocalypse Games

2. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Woah. This is a gap in the iOS gaming world thst needs filled! Looks great. Love to give it a go and give some feedback.

3. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Count me in!!!

4. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Oh yeah count me in too !

5. Shortdog5150

Shortdog5150 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    I'm interested! #

6. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Would love to be a part of the beta. Game looks like an instabuy to me!

7. aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan Well-Known Member

Would love to try it out. :)

As a fellow (past) developer of a rampart-a-like :p I like the different direction you've taken things!

8. Cerberus_17

Cerberus_17 Active Member

Apr 10, 2014
    I'd be happy to help

9. Bladejay

Bladejay Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Very interested in helping this game become a success.

10. Mikezilla

Mikezilla New Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Looks like fun! Count me in!!

11. fatecreatr

fatecreatr Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 1, 2012
    I like it ok so far, though the menus over the tutorial make it hard to play that section and there is a small learning curve on the font.

Personally I prefer turn based games rather then the more frantic real time or timed based games, it may affect monitization. There is a turn based mode but it's gated by energy which is earned in the real time modes.

I haven't spent too much time with it yet, so I may grow to like the real time modes better.

12. D4rkwolf

D4rkwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^
    Count me in for this man!

13. Segeljakt

Segeljakt Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Sign me up

14. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    sign me up xD

15. lucidwalker

lucidwalker Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Iam in if you still need help.

16. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    I loved Ramparts! Apart from the occasional finger pinch at the arcade when trying to spin the ball too fast ;) if you need more testers count me in :)

17. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Would love to check it out if you are still looking for testers.

18. mcseffect

mcseffect New Member

May 9, 2017
    Beta Test

Would love to be involved. Let me know what you need.

19. PucKviruS

PucKviruS Active Member

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm a big fan of this game, I've been wanting this to come back for like ever.

Id love to be in the beta

20. bazola

bazola Active Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Hey again everyone! I think I have enough beta testers now, thank you so much for your interest in the game. For those testing the game, feel free to post any feedback to this thread, send me a PM, or email me at [email protected]

To respond to the comment by fatecreatr, yes, the game is a real time game. I designed it that way because I didn't want players to have to wait on their opponent to make moves. If you think about the original Rampart, though it is split into separate wall building and shooting phases, the game still plays in real time. In my game I have actually taken it a step further. Rather than being split into separate modes, you can build walls, shoot or cast spells at any time. You are only limited by the speed that your energy regenerates, and you can increase that speed by building on crystals.

I've had some feedback to both make the game fully turn based and also to implement a mode that is more similar to the original Rampart with discrete phases. Those ideas are still on the table, and if I get enough sales I will definitely pursue them. I also have a list of about 20 different ideas for "bonus modes" for the game that would change some of the gameplay dynamics in an individual match. I think those would be a lot of fun for online play.

I've only gotten feedback from a couple people so far so I would love to hear more. I hope you are enjoying the game so far :)