Blutrol Compatibility list (iCade with non-iCade Games)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lumothesinner, Jan 11, 2012.

1. shinrukuszero

shinrukuszero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
    #21 shinrukuszero, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    You guys can add this to the list

Works GREAT

King of Fighters - i
    All those Sega Emulated Games
    Sonic CD
    Sonic 4 HD
    Galaga 30th
    Death Rally
    Devil May Cry

Also for UMK3, I can get the Buttons working but setting it up for Portrait mode, but the controls are screwed up

2. shinrukuszero

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
    Side note about you SFIV Volt players, for some reason there is a delay while playing online...

3. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    #23 lumothesinner, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    New version of blutrol 0.9.2
    Updated to improve landscape detection, so sonic 4 UMK3 and tony hawks etc. should be working now.
    I shall download and test them now.

Edit: tested sonic 4 and mage gauntlet and they work great, will move the others despite lack of testing, hopefully people can confirm it soon.
    And a Little game called PAC MAN CE works too now :)

4. Squablo

Squablo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Mage Gauntlet, Super Quickhook, Hook Worlds, and Edge Extended are all working, but some require a certain orientation, like Street Fighter. Also, which control scheme are you using for PacMan CE, because I still can't get that one working?

5. shinrukuszero

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
    A side note about Capcom Arcade, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo does not work with icade controls

6. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    In PAC man I'm using control method 1 (DPAD), annoyingly i think it resets back to 3 after every close of the app...
    but it works on dpad scheme for me

7. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Got bored so spent some time fixing the list - it now has categories and links. gotta do something while I'm waiting for 4s JB to drop to start using this properly.

8. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Soul Calibur Tested and works great!

9. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    just tried Zen Pinball - works great

10. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Someone mentioned that games with built-in iCade support don't work until you configure a Blutrol profile for them - is that correct? Or do apps with native iCade support work fine without a Blutrol profile?

11. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    I think that they work without a profile, im sure thats what happened when i played terra noctis last, but you can replace them if you want...will test later when I have a chance

12. aceyprime

Apr 23, 2010
    That sounds ideal if it works as you describe. I'll look forward to your test results - thanks so much!

13. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    The 3 that I have on my iphone: terra noctis, temple run and baby monkey (no, i dont know why its there either) all work with original icade profiles, however you can overwrite them as I tried with terra noctis (but I prefer the original profile tbh)

14. aceyprime

Apr 23, 2010
    Excellent! Thanks so much for confirming this.

15. marco79

marco79 New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Did anyone try "Paper Monsters" with Blutrol?

They will add official iCade support in the next big update (in February), but the game is great and I don't want to wait... ;)

16. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Ill test it later when I can, I Imagine it would work as you can set static stick for dpad.

17. aceyprime

Apr 23, 2010
    Tried it last night with the fixed d-pad and it worked great.

18. DataBasic

DataBasic Member

Jan 27, 2012
    #38 DataBasic, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    A number of you mention pinball games working like Pinball HD and Zen Pinball.
    I've got these and a dozen or so other pinball games.
    I've got them all working by mapping buttons to left and right of screen for flippers, and bottom of screen for games that support nudge etc.
    But how are you guys dealing with the plunger, and with the pop-up dialog box that requires you to input your name for the hi-score table? I can't get passed the hi-score without resorting to turning bluetooth off while I enter the hi-score.
    Having to use screen for plunger and faffing around in settings for bluetooth every game spoils the experience somewhat :/

19. aceyprime

Apr 23, 2010
    Agreed. Maybe the Blutrol developer could add an option to set a key combination to bring up the on-screen keyboard?

20. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Not sure if that is something that can be coded in the software, might have to be hardware to send a different signal...ill post it to the blutrol dev and see.
    iControlPad however has that sorted, press start and select button and up pops the on screen keyboard. Don't think iCade can do it, or has firmware upgrading to allow it to be patched in.