Gauging Interest in an iOS Port of Blood

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by macatron, Oct 28, 2014.

?

Do you want Atari to Approve a port for Blood on iOS?

1. Yes!! This is one of the best FPS's of all time!!

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. No, I'd rather see them do a port of Duke Nukem instead.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I've never even heard of this game before.

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #1 macatron, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Hello everyone! Being that General Arcade (@generalarcade) did such an amazing job with their port of Shadow Warrior, I asked them via Twitter if they had any plans to also port Blood and Duke Nukem as well. They said they would probably be porting Duke Nukem, but Atari (@atari) was not interested in porting Blood. That being said, I wanted to start this thread to show them that there IS interest in an iOS port! :D

I even created a "proof of concept" screen shot of what Blood could look like with Shadow Warrior's control scheme. :)

[​IMG]

So, what do you think? If you are a fan of this classic FPS, and want to see it get an excellent port by this awesome developer, PLEASE vote accordingly and let them know via Twitter! :D Thanks!

Here's a video of the PC version for those of you that aren't familiar with this game.

2. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Wow, this is surprising. There's over 90 views so far, but only two people have even bothered to vote. Does no one remember this classic, or is there really no interest in an iOS port?

3. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    I would buy the hell out of this if the controls could be done well.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Wish they would port Dark Forces first ! Such a waste it's out there gathering dust

would buy Blood instantly

5. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    I would still buy it even if it had a terrible control scheme lol :)

6. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Have you played Shadow Warrior yet? If you ask me, it's got the absolute BEST controls of any FPS on the AppStore. The way you are able to continuously fire your weapon AND still look/aim at the same time is executed perfectly. It feels as close to a keyboard/mouse setup as I've ever experienced on a touchscreen.

That being said, I'm sure the controls will be just as good if General Arcade does the iOS port of Blood. :D

7. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, Dark Forces WOULD be an awesome port to see on iOS! Maybe we'll see it one day. :)

8. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Ha! Yeah, me too! I bought the original Duke Nukem 3D on iOS eventhough it had horrible controls. :D

9. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I have never heard of Blood tho it iz a munster. Very much interested. I just re- dl Shadow Warrior cuz i remember how fast paced and fun it iz. ThnX 4 th headz ^

10. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    I have not, mostly because the original game never really did much for me. But since there appears to be a free trial, I may as well give it a go and see how it handles.

11. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and billions of yes!!! I want that classic on my iOS devices :eek: I will instabuy at once :D

12. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    If you like Duke Nukem, you'll definitely enjoy Shadow Warrior. :)

13. Stormourner

Stormourner Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    I know that's not gonna happen but giving Blood wireless keyboard support would be better, I know there's MFI controllers but the wireless keyboards needs love

14. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Truthfully, if General Arcade does the port, the onscreen controls will work perfectly. :) I just hope it DOES get ported. :D

15. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Just curious, but has everyone that has voted positively for a port also tweeted their desire to @atari as well? In order to make this port a reality, we all need to make it readily apparent that there IS a market for this game on the AppStore! Thanks! :D

16. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    LOL! I'm right there with you! Have you contacted Atari on Twitter yet? We've gotta let them know that we NEED this on the AppStore. :D

17. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    I play this all the time via DOSBox on an Nvidia Shield. Sadly, the iOS version of DOSBox runs it as a slideshow. A native port would be wonderful.

That said, I thought Atari/Infogrames misplaced the source code to this. IIRC, JonoF asked them about it several years ago.

18. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Probably not a big issue, honestly. Doesn't it just run on the Build engine?

19. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I don't know if they have the IP or not, but this tweet makes it sound like it; just that they're not interested in making a port at this time.

[​IMG]