Another World (Out of this world) 20th Anniversary Edition coming to iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vincenzo78140, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Hi everyone,

As you most probably noticed on TA website, we are glad to announce that Another World (formerly known as Out of this World on this side of the Atlantic) is coming on iPhone and iPad on 22nd September.

For those who still don't know this, Another World is an adventure/action game originally released in 1991 and developed by a single man : Eric Chahi. Game has been praised for its innovative gameplay and cinematics and has become an all time classic for the retro gamers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also set up a small video to explain the new control modes since we know that this will be a hot topic for this game :) (don't pay attention to the ugly French accent ;) )

We look forward to your feedbacks on this one and we hope that you'll like it as much as the original masterpiece.

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    One of my all time favorite that I replay 2-3 times per year (last time in July).
    When I read about it I almost cried.
    Another World in my pocket?
    Heaven!!!

3. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    good old symbian :)

4. Aeroflux

Aeroflux Active Member

Sep 9, 2008
    I wonder if this will support BT keyboards for control. As much as I'd like to play Out of This World again (version native to me), action touch games have left me severely bitter from misinterpreted input.

5. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I've first played this game on a symbian phone. It's a very good game. Definitely day one buy.

6. Dick Turpin

Dick Turpin Member

Aug 15, 2011
    I'm looking forward to this one - It looks like the developer has nailed the controls to work with ios devices. Defiitely getting this as soon as its out!

7. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    I played this game recently on the SEGA Genesis. I wonder if people understand the gameplay behind this as it's really not a mainstream title.

The levels I played were very much designed around the "learn by death" idea, and dying is really not a lot of fun in this game as it lacks the communication players expect nowadays.

I'd definitely check it out because it has some quite clever stuff in there and the detail in the graphical style is also quite unique. Maybe they'd do a port Heart of Darkness as well ;)

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'll be getting this as soon as it hits the uk.
    And I'd love a port of heart of darkness too I loved that game.

Currently I've got flashback and the escapee is there any others like this I'm missing? Obviously I've got all the laser disc games I can find aswell :)

9. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    Yeah you might want to check out "Heart of Darkness".

10. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    yaaah heart of darkness port plzzzzz