Which is a better Racing game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by d1, Oct 4, 2009.

1. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    NFS: Undercover or Real Racing?

Only need 1 racing game..wondering which is the better

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    You should get two, fast lane and real racing

3. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    fastlane street racing? if so, yea i played the lite version back when it came out. it was pretty fun. but if u had to choose between NFS and RR, you would go with RR?

4. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Real racing

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I would. Real Racing feels like, well, a real racing game. NFS is not bad, but it's more linear-mission based, like an action game.

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    lol nice post :p

ahk cool thanks. ill prob end up getting RR. i was leanin towards it more than NFS in the first place..but i just wanted to double check. no sense in wasting $$ :rolleyes:

7. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    well choosing between NFS and RS is easy if you want a race game. I only consider RS as an race game and it is very well done. NFS undercover is more eye candy and is just a car on a rails.

In short just go for Real Racing. Hope EA will make there next racing game a real racing game and not just some car on rails racer.

8. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

If you like arcade games, go with NFS. If you like a real world simulation, go with Real Racing. Personally, I prefer Real Racing. Fastlane, which has been mentioned above, is also a decent game too. It's much cheaper than the other two (on sale at $0.99) and although the graphics are boxy, it's pretty fun.

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Real Racing easy.

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    YES
    RR>NFSU by far

11. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Real Racing, hands down

12. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    cool thanks for the advice. its clear that RR is the better racing game. i went ahead and bought it. its pretty damn fun..the controls are spot on. i love the auto brake since whenever i play racing games i veryyyy rarely use the brake lol. the cockpit view is pretty nifty..im starting to prefer it over the other view. so far its fun and totally worth the $$

13. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Lol. Need for Speed: Undercover or Real Racing?

The question we should be asking is Need for Speed: Shift or Real Racing.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, considering how little we know about NfS:S at this point, that's a question that will have to wait.

15. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Well, so far, Need for Speed: Shift has won me over Real Racing just because it has a long list of licensed cars. Graphics and gameplay wise, we are yet to find out.

16. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    Depends what your after, NFS is good arcade action, easier to jump in and have a quick race, controlling slot easier. Real racing is more of a gran turismo type racer with simulation like controls. If your after something a bit more In depth I'd go for Real Racing. I loved NFS, but clocked it too quickly.

17. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    yea i get what u mean. the controls in RR are very precise, but im likin it. i showed my friends and they were all over it lol. RR is pretty cool tho..i havent had much time to play it yet but i cant wait till i get past the hatchbacks >.> lmao

18. that1techguy

that1techguy Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Real racing by far

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

NFSU. The Nitro flame on the last car is AMAZING!!!! :D :p

20. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I realize that I am in the minority on this thread, but I liked Need for Speed Undercover a lot more than real racing. However, I am big on customization and looks. I also like both simulation and arcade racers, so I don't lean towards real racing just becuase it is more of a sim.

By the way, Need for Speed is not an on-rails anything. That is a total misuse of the term. An on-rails game doesn't let you control anything. You can crash and miss turns in Need for speed.