iPhone Use the Rope - action game based on physics!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mugeaters, Aug 9, 2011.

1. #1 Mugeaters, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

This fall will be full of new adventure. We are presenting an action game based on physics named Use the Rope. From creators of puzzle game Woozzle, but now no more thinking, no more puzzles and brain teasing mazes. Now is time to revolution, now is time to fun and relax. Extremely simple controls and gameplay with beautiful graphics all in one little universal app is coming soon. Follow us for more info and be part of something extraordinary. More info coming soon, stay in touch.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/Mugeaters
    visit us on fb: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mugeaters/170907776264487

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I like the Star ;)

3. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Looks hilarious!

Congras to the release!

4. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    i advise you change the name, on account of the massively popular physics based game cut the rope. it is inevitable that people will point it out, and possibly negatively. best avoid it before hand. allow your game to stand out in it's own right.

5. Treefiddy

Treefiddy Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010

+1

6. A lot of games has a similar names.. a lot of games has an equal gameplay even.. Our game is unseen gameplay with perfect fit name. Most of the critics of the name will disappear after trailer release.

7. DregsOnLegs

DregsOnLegs Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    Yeah I agree,and I like the name, the title of the game sounds good, it's what brought me to click this thread after all!
    I hope a trailer or screenshots are posted here soon. Very curious
    Loving to art style on the banner :)

8. Prozak

Prozak Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    I'm pretty sure you and that mugeater guy are the same person, saw the rant in the other thread aswell

To the point:
    The name sucks - poor ripoff of cut the rope. READ - No imagination at all.

end of story. Do you understand that?

oh please, if someone tells you the name sucks you should not reply back in such unprofessional way. Take it like a pro and move on. In this case take the advice and change it. Don't? well expect the crapwave

9. DregsOnLegs

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    #9 DregsOnLegs, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
    I WISH I was the creator of WooZZLE, that'd be sick.
    But anyway, if your theory is correct, than apparently " cut the rope" sucks,, because "burn the rope" was out first, so obviously your theory is INCORRECT

ERGH

Actually I don't know which one was out first, but either way they were both very successful, and both had "the rope" in their titles, so clearly, a game isn't going to fail simply because it's title contains"the rope"
    If the success of the past two "the rope" games are anything to go by, then this game is going to be WINNING
    I dont know where you did your kindergarten gaming marketing course, but either way -

go back to your 12th game of game dev story !

10. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Definitely thinking about giving that game a try now. ;)

11. DregsOnLegs

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    #11 DregsOnLegs, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
    I played for hours the first night I got the HD version on sale for 99c, it's gets challenging really quickly. It's probably one of the thinkiest (is that even a word? Most logical is probably a better fit!) games I've played on the iOS so far..I had to rack my brains, and spent hours on it and still not even halfway finished. All this talk about it is making me want to go back and finish it now, it's hard to finish a game these days, with at least 2 good releases every Wednesday, I have at least 50 half finished games, even ones I adore, like world of goo, hell I think the only games I've played right through to the end these days is CTR 1 and 2 .
    We're too spolit with all these awesome games at your fingertips, to download instantly amd for only a couple of bucks. I love the convience of all this, I'm turning into a gamer chick and I've never been that interested in games in the past.until I got an apple.

WooZZLE is definately an ideal game for puzzle or logic lovers.it kind of has elements of gameplay similar to "train yard" but on train yard you have different colored trains, and WooZZLE you have different colored balls.
    But it has a similar gameplay element, so if you enjoyed train yard you'd like woozzle, but WooZZLE requires much more time than train yard (around the level 17 mark gets CRAZY!) and yeah..basically have to get the colored balls to their colored sockets, after sending them through transporters, spinny things, color changers, and heaps of different obstacles..

I think it might have been a console game years ago because someone on the iTunes review said something about it..not 100% sure though!

12. Hi, the last thing we need is to be unprofessional. DregOnLegs isn't our guy or anyone closer to us. This is a problem of the forum, not much trust. I don't know who he is, but I want to read his opinion as well as someones else. So, thank to all of you.

Lukas

13. DregsOnLegs

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    Damn I must have missed all the action since someone deleted a few of my posts.

Do people really think that I'm them? Haha funny!

Simply because I LIKE the title use the rope.
    Paranoia in the foyyyyyer. Ok that was lame, but really,
    I'm a girl for one, and I just am genuinely interested in this game, and it's title! And this thread should be about discussing the awesomeness of this game, not bickering about a title.
    Look up my history i have ranted about the awesomeness of several games lately, I'm a apple fangirl who is recovering from an operation at home, and playing games and comdmemting about the on here is about as much excitement as I can get until I heal. Can't even have a damn vodka.

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm in the camp of it not being a good name. Not only is it bound to draw negative comparisons to other titles, but the word "Use" is far less descriptive than either "Cut" or "Burn". It sounds generic. Of course, we have no clue what the gameplay is, and it may, in fact, fit the game perfectly.

15. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I think there's a difference in copying the name of a game that not many people have heard of and then copying the name of a game that is one of the most popular titles on the whole of the App Store.

No matter which way you put it, people will still think you are trying to ride on that game's success.

16. DregsOnLegs

Aug 16, 2011
    Secretary
    City
    #16 DregsOnLegs, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
    Cut the rope: released oct 2010
    Burn he rope: released dec 2010

Burn the rope was hugely successful..and they "copied" (if you can call it that) The words "the rope" and it still did amazing, probably wouldn't have done as well with a boring name like burnie the burna, or something lame like that,
    The title should be about the game play, and cut the rope you cut ropes, burn the rope you burn ropes, and this game, you obviously use a rope in some way, I'm guessing it'll be a similar concept as "save yammi" a brilliant game which for some reason, really hasn't done that well considering it's extremely high polish well executed exterior, maybe because the title is not informative or mainstream, no one knows who yammi is. And as soon as it gets more press, or hipsters start walking around with yammi shoes on, people will continue to ignore what they aren't familiar with,
    But anyway, clearly "the rope" in the title does not compromise sales figures at all, if burn the rope is anything to go by, it'll actually increase revenue and views.I know that's why I bought burn the rope, because I was already familiar with the mainstream name and felt comfortable buying it.

Burn the rope is living proof that A title containing "the rope" is not going to bring on doomsday,
    That is all.

17. When I finished tutorial I found interest fact. I used 'use the rope' for three times for the best explanation how to play game. I can't imagine better name.

Lukas

to DregOnLegs: 'save yammi' is like copy of cut the rope.. puzzle, static, 3 stars need to collect, main character is pretty same etc.. Use the Rope is not puzzle, the goal of the game is extremely simple, but addictive and fun

18. We are celebrating Binary Date 11.11.11. We added first screenshots!

19. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    And they would be absolutely right. I'm really getting tired of seeing these "try to ride someone else' wave of success" titles appearing on the App Store. It would be like if we started seeing "Street Kombat" and "Super Sonic Bros." showing up on consoles. It wouldn't be acceptable there, and it's unacceptable here. Be original.

20. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Nnnope his theory is correct, it's your statement that is incorrect. Check facts before making a fool of yourself, pls.