Kingturn RPG Underworld (Mangobile) - strategy RPG

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by undeadcow, Feb 28, 2013.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mangobile.kingturnunderworld&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W10.

Formerly Knighturn on iOS.

2. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #2 pjft, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Oh, wow - your descriptions are certainly fancier, with videos and pictures... Need to add these to the ones I created ;)

I can say that the Kingturn series is quite a good one. I have all three, and I'm playing Kingturn RPG Plus first - which chronologically is meant to be the first, a remake of SwEAr (or whatever the name of the game was :) ).

Excellent developer support, fun games all around - and undeadcow was also a fervent supporter of them in iOS, so these updated versions with better graphics and a finer game balance are really the way to go.

Thanks for creating these!

3. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Friendly bump to strongly recommend the Mangobile games (Kingturn, Kingturn Plus, Kingturn Underworld) to our Android friends.

4. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I really like playing those games. It's a shame they pullled the original Sw&Ear and Knighturn from both the appstore and googleplay.

5. niebau

niebau Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Mangobile. Designer & Developer
    Germany
    Hi Marcus70,

Allow me to do some shameless self-advertising first and point out that we will publish Kingturn for iOS on April 12.

Initially we had planned to make a major update to our first two titles Sw&Ear and Knighturn, so our players could benefit from the many improvements we have introduced with our third title Kingturn RPG.
    But due to the many changes we had done in Kingturn, it turned out that Kingturn was vastly incompatible to our first two titles (e.g. save game format).

We also ran more and more into technical problems with Sw&Ear and Knighturn, mainly because those games had been initially developed for Java ME, and the underlying game engine was just not designed to support the screen resolution and density of the latest devices any longer.

So we've decided to entirely remake Sw&Ear and Knighturn instead, and add / modifiy a few scenarios as well:
    - Kingturn RPG Plus is an enhanced remake of Sw&Ear - Tales of Andaria
    - Kingturn Underworld is an enhanced remake of Knighturn

You can find a list of all improvements we've done in Kingturn RPG here:
    What's new in Kingturn

If we are lucky enough to attract some interest in Kingturn RPG also for iOS, we will bring over Kingturn RPG Plus and Kingturn Underworld to iOS as well.

6. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm installing Kingturn RPG Plus as I type this. I'm really impressed by the easy to understand UI and layout for a SRPG in the gameplay video. Thanks for posting about this series, I had never heard of it and have been wanting to play a SPRG for awhile now.

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  8. Shaban

Shaban Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Game developper
    Geneva
    Kingturn was awesome, just awesome