Universal Lode Runner 1 (By NEXON Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 18, 2017.

1. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Oh yeah. Played it to death, and then came Quake which spawned Quake II which took over my life. That was the first multiplayer game that competely sucked me in. With most games, I'm far from what one might consider "elite," but I'd venture to say I got up there with the Quakes. I don't think I could do it now. Aging reflexes.

2. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This game is a lot of fun. Don't think I ever played the original but still well worth downloading or checking out imo.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

At what point is there an ad? Or a point where you need to buy IAP? I hit level 30 this morning and haven't even smelled a hint of freemium shenanigans? Is this game just truly free?

4. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    From what I see thus far...it's 100% free. And I have no clue why lol

I would pay several bucks to enjoy this one.

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    And all the more strange because there's that link in the game to the classic Lode Runner on the App Store, which is premium. But you guys are saying you get the classic levels when you hit level 30 in this (free?) game...?

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Gotta wonder if this was supposed to be premium. That said it's been a day so you think they would have caught the mistake by now.

7. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Yes. I already played the first Classic level.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Why this gem is free?
    So many memories!!!

Only downside is that the tutorial is super long and super dumb easy and boring...but after you reach level 28 you unlock the real deal, which is hard as nails and requires some serious planning before awakening the robots.

I was totally expecting ads and energy seeing it was free....nothing at all.
    Not sure why but I'm not complaining.

iCloud sync too.

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Hmmm...earlier today, I was away from my wi-fi connection waiting and the game wouldn't load up. It kept informing me that I needed to be connected. I found this strange since I wasn't playing multiplayer but solo; and, the app store text doesn't say anything about any required connectivity. (Strokes his beard contemplatively)

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Nexon doesn't give anything away for free lol. It's a mistake.

They will fix it. You can be assured about that.

If there's an iap to unlock the full game or something like that I'll be happy. I've been playing and I really like the game.

Billy

11. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    It seems they did give it away. I mean if it's a mistake it is an awful long and overlooked mistake. I would think this would definitely be corrected by now.
    Also this is a lot of fun. The art and everything falls together really well.

12. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Given what I've heard about Nexon's new management, I wouldn't be surprised if "making" this free was totally a mistake. At this point though, what can they do?

Best thing they could do is what Amazon writers do - use the first 300 levels to get people totally addicted to the game, so that when Lode Runner 2 comes out it's an insta-buy from the fan-base.

13. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Downloaded it, just in case it wasn't suppose to be free.
    Good old C64 days

14. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I somehow managed to avoid this on various platforms back in the day, good to see what the fuss is about for free.

Daredevil Dennis next please!

15. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I found this this morning while exploring around the iTunes Store.
    Loving it. A little cramped on my iPhone. I kind of wish the joystick was a little bigger on my iPad Air 2.

16. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I made the comment a month ago that lode runner 2 was one of my favs growing up and I wish they brought it to mobile, so this is nice to see!

I never played the first lode runner though so I've got nothing to directly compare this to... so while it looks nice in its own right it's got nothing compared to the art, theme and sound of lode runner 2!!

Still, it is fun and judging by the comments here the game opens up at level 28 so I guess I just need to keep playing and see if it grows on me.

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This game is absolutely free. It's stated on app store. No IAP whatsoever

18. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    #38 coolit, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Lol wtf I had to laugh that the first female unlock's special ability is that she can climb poles faster... like damn. Not sure if that was intentional or just not thought through.

Regardless it is cool that different characters have different abilities, I'm so curious as to what kind of buffs the late game are going to have...

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Hahaha I didn't even think of that.

20. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    You get the classic levels with the new graphics. If you want the original experience you still have to pay