Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jun 6, 2011.

1. jaferris

jaferris Member

Jul 7, 2011
    internet sales
    Leicester
    watched the first season thought it was amazing :) , can't wait for season 2 to start , downloaded the first book from the IOS bookstore slowly reading through it :)

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Just a reminder to book readers: please be considerate of tv fans and post book spoilers using spoiler tags and a warning before hand. And book spoilers meaning everything that hasn't aired on the show yet or can give away future developments.

For example, merely posting about a season 1 character Big Bird walking around in book 3, for example spoils the fact that Big Bird is gonna live up to season 3. In this series that's a big thing.

3. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

It got its emmy nomination as I hoped. I expected after the way the series ended. It deserves it. And my other prediction of Peter Dinklage was also correct. I was delighted to see him get it.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Well I've read the first book now and I'm on to Clash of Kings and I've picked up all of them including the new one "A dance with dragons". With any luck I'll be able to get through them all.

The series is very close to the first book but you do miss a lot a detail and quite a bit of the depth and motives of the characters.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Want to start watching this. Good idea? There's only 10 episodes so far, and season 2 doesn't start until April 2012 so it wouldn't be much of a time investment. After following Suits this summer, I want to start watching television shows, lol. Been out of the television loop just about as long as I've been gone from console gaming, a good five years nearly. Starting both again apparently, heheh.

6. walsh06

Plus it's an Emmy winning show now.

7. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'll get to it then.

8. Barcâ

Barcâ Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    It was pretty damn good. I can't wait till the new season next spring.

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    April is coming!

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Incredible series. Read the books first. You will not be disappointed.

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just remembered I never watched the first season like I said I was going to. Definitely going through all the episodes during spring break next week though before the second season is out.

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  13. walsh06

The new trailer with Florence is so good and makes me so excited for the show.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally, finally, finally starting this. About to watch the first episode. Let's see if I can make it through the first season by Sunday..

Will be back once I'm done with the episode.

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I have been meaning to try the first book. Unfortunately, I am not able to get through books anywhere near as quickly as I do with TV shows. It's on my list though. The show (first season) was fantastic.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #38 backtothis, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    That was an interesting first episode..not the kind of "action" I was expecting though..no wonder this is only on HBO.

Hope the plot picks up soon. I think I can fit in another episode tonight.

Edit: Episode two was a lot better. One more couldn't hurt..yeah, this is why I don't watch TV anymore.

Edit: Enjoyed episode 3. It's getting really good. Can't believe there's only 10 episodes in season one though. At this rate, my gf and I are definitely going to be done by Sunday. I've always been a huge fan of the fantasy/medieval setting..

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    The show was on TV recently, why didn't I watch it... ? Is this good series anyway? What's it abot?

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just read the wikia summaries/recaps for the first three episodes. Had to look up quite a few terms too. Everything makes a lot more sense now. It's a pretty complex storyline. I'm thinking I can fit in two more episodes tonight xD.