iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Good games Shoo. I had to watch kids but also didn't want you to take my last coin! Haha. :D

2. Randomarcade

Randomarcade Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Wow, just read that vita version will have more characters than the console! All Playstation exclusive characters including Cole from Infamous. Pretty damn cool

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yea we got the shitty end of the game. Only ten characters and iap galore.

4. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Dude, I hate people who complain like this. The game JUST came out after being announced only a few months ago. We already got a bug fix, online play is getting better and they have implemented ways to deal with ragequitters and hacking scors.. The iOS version improves on the gem system and the game rewards us with the gold coins for purchases. Many games that have IAP currency, you cannot earn it in game for free.

I'm happy with 10 characters as is. I have only really explored a handful of them and with the new tagging system there are really 10C2*2=90 different combinations.

5. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    What else do you want out of $2.99... I bet they made more money with this business plan instead of pricing it at ~$40 for a full port where time would've just been wasted on their side b/c ios isn't meant to be taken seriously.

6. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Don't worry I didn't intend to buy any, just wanted to see how much they sell for?

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #527 Greyskull, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
    10 characters would seem fine in a Capcom game back when I was playing SF2 pre Champion/tournament addition.

A lot of the characters might be low-tier/sprite swaps, but Capcom spoiled me with MarvelVsCapcom2. What was it, 58, 60 characters. Oh well. After I switched my 2d figting series of choice to the Guilty Gear series, I sorta lost track. BTW, sorry to stray off topic, but does anyone know, off of the top of their head, who publishes or published the Guilty Gear games? They didn't require too many buttons in the first place, and while the sprites and animation might take up a lot of memory, I think the gameplay would translate well to ios.

8. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_System_Works

They are the publishers of Guilty Gear

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    1 FPS battle. WTF!!!???

10. Shoobedush

Shoobedush Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Funny I ran into twice in a month in sfxt but never in almost a year in volt (except that horrible lag trol game lol) Gg man u already improved a lot, on ur way to god of hwo!

11. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yeah lag sucks I do the battles to level up but if I lose I get the same exp as if I won. Plus it doesn't seem like the exp extra thing doesn't work.

12. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Yup, I'm earning 3x as much exp as I normally would.

13. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Good games Mr Sinister. Sorry had to go but kids were fighting. Ha to break it up. :D

14. Randomarcade

Randomarcade Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Haha lol good games man :) I wondered what happen :) get you next time!!

15. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Guilty Gear is one of my favorite fighting game series! I'm SO stoked about AC+R coming out!

That said, as awesome as it would be to have a GG (or even BlazBlue) game on iOS, I imagine it would be a tough game to make work on a touch screen. I'd still play the hell out of it regardless though!

16. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Looking forward to it. I got lucky in those games. Hugo still scares me :D

17. NorrisForever79

NorrisForever79 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I'm very happy to see other characters in the nex update and in particular I'm glad to see this two! Rolento and heiachi have particular fightstyle and capcom must add these type of characters not ken that is a mere clone of ryu!

18. Houmous

Houmous Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    so I tried gauntlet mode today...

What's a "level 2 super charge" ?
    and what's a "cross cancel" ?

I'm pretty sure I do them all day but I don't know what they represent.

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Level 2 super charge is the Ultra combo, but without using the Focus bar. Instead, you need to charge your special attack to do it.
    And the cross cancel is the counterattack (press X after blocking an attack).

20. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    'iPhone 5 Release Sale! Normally available for $4.99, download this now for the special price of $2.99!'

The iPhone 5 release sale is a nice thing but a like it to be optimized for the iPhone 5 even more.:mad: