Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    So is the nether really just a room of obsidian? Lol holy snaps that is ...

2. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Anyone else lagging a lot after the update?

3. Paps Shenanigan

Paps Shenanigan Active Member

Apr 10, 2011
    No lag - I just figured out a weird little trick. After you kill the zombie pigmen in the nether, immediately destroy the nether core and everything will freeze. The blocks wills stay red and the obsidian never breaks down. It stays night time until you hit a bed. I've also decided to just hit the build the nether portal in the same spot just so it doesn't eat up space on the map.
    I took some screenshots but I can't figure out how to load them up. Give it a try

4. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Is there a way to shear sheep in this game? I am asking for my son, so please enlighten him if possible. Thanks in advance!

5. You need to tap and hold a sheep with shears, and the wool should fall off, I believe

6. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    How do you build the nether reactor? I can see it on creative but need help building it.

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    You have to craft shears first but the catch is they can only be made from iron. So go track down some iron first then craft the shears then use them on a sheep by holding down on it like you're breaking a block.

Look here, it explains it well http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Reactor#Nether_Reactor

8. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Thanks for the shearing help, folks! He got it. Much appreciated!

Dave

9. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Do you still craft by just picking an object from a menu? Or have they now implemented the same method as desktop version (and even junk jack!)?

10. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I'm looking for some help with deciding to buy minecraft pe. I know of minecraft, I have played those free app clones, but I'm not sure if I want to break down & buy the real thing. I've played the lite version, but mostly I am not sure what I'd do in game to make the upgrade worth it.

Anyone have a sales pitch or guidance for someone looking to plunge into the world of minecraft?

11. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Get the desktop version. Then if you love it so much that you can't bear to be without it at any given moment even if it is a somewhat stripped down version, get PE.

12. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    It's very worth it,in the full version there are beds,zombies,skeletons,spiders,and creepers,you can also eat food to restore your health,and many items have been added since the survival update from a few months back,there's no armor yet,and they just added the nether reactor core (very difficult to get you need 36 gold and 3 diamonds and a lot of cobble),there is farming (currently only mushrooms wheat and sugar cane) there are paintings now,chests,no multiplayer yet,however they said online multiplayer is a goal,so are caves,only local MP through wifi for now,bows arrows,and only food items are,mushroom stew bread,pork chops,apples,steak,no cake yet,when they add buckets that will probably have milk too and eggs from chickens so you can have the recipe,and a lot of stuff I'm probably forgetting (yes there is peaceful mode,and torches-derp) but its a really fun game,but like I said there's no online multiplayer only local wifi,I'd say buy it

13. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Thanks for the help.

Yes, I have thought of getting the pc version, but I wouldn't be able to play as much as I would on my iphone.

I know Minecraft is a sandbox game, but I'm trying to figure out what I would actually "do" to justify buying the app. When I play the lite version, the biggest problem is the game does not save, so it's hard to get a feeling of longevity. Also, since I don't know all that much about Minecraft, I'm worried I don't have a "gameplan" of what to do.

14. LanceAvion

LanceAvion Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    #434 LanceAvion, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    No. The nether is an alternate dimension similar in appearance to what most people consider hell. Unfortunately the nether is only present on the PC version of Minecraft. What Pocket Edition gets is the Nether Reactor; the obsidian room you mentioned, which basically spawns some rare stuff (that may or may not be nether related).

May I recommend Block Story. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/block-story/id517812925?l=ru&ls=1&mt=8 It's the superior game on iOS.

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I actually wouldn't recommend starting with Minecraft Pocket Edition over PC if you can help it, it's just too limited.

Better starting choices IMHO would be Junk Jack (2D, with a very touch-screen friendly interface) or Eden World Builder (if you like exploring large worlds and building.)

16. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Have the limitations on the world size changed at all? Or is it still around 240ish?

17. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Lol has anyone tried to shoot paintings with bow and arrows? The arrow bounces back to you!

Is this normal in the pc version?

18. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Thanks to a bug I posted in the Wong sub forum ;(

19. I really enjoy this game. Hoping buckets will be implemented soon because thats what we defiantly need in this game i think!

20. pumpkinchu

pumpkinchu Member

Dec 11, 2012
    WOW~~~~Minecraft!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: