Simpsons Tapped Out

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cobriendubs, Nov 12, 2012.

1. cobriendubs

cobriendubs Member

Nov 10, 2012
    #1 cobriendubs, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    As some of you know, EA's Simpsons game, "Tapped Out" is more or less broken.

On my iPhone 5, it crashes, and repeatedly boots me out of the game. And by that I mean, on average I can play it for about 15-30 seconds, and then it takes several attempts to "reconnect" to the game.

In addiction, the "social" aspect of the game has been completely broken for days now.

At some points, you cannot access the game for hours on end.

AND, they still allow in-app purchases... d'oh indeed. I spent 26€ in the game before it became unusable.

They have acknowledged the problem, on their site, but after at least 6 weeks of attempting to fix the problem, it remains unresolved - in fact it's getting worse.

They also refuse to answer queries about it on their site, or via email.

Apple has been refunding customers for their in-app purchases, to placate those affected, but so far have refused to pull the app (and considering some of the crazy reasons we've seen aps pulled, that's kinda puzzling).

Apple also suggests contacting EA, but as EA won't respond to messages or respond to "tickets" about the game... well... it's a situation with no winners.

The MAIN reason for this post is just to alert people that have made in app purchases. Contact Apple, they will refund you, no problem. They know about the issue and agree the game is broken (and if you are unaware of this, simply read the review on the app store - ouch).

I made a previous thread about this, which never was "approved" for publication on the site, but it was a bit more scathing... ;) Hopefully this one is cleared by the mods.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    That's why I never do iap for social games this and monster life killed it.

3. cobriendubs

cobriendubs Member

Nov 10, 2012
    My first time to do it...

...it was my birthday and so I thought I'd treat myself, as a big Simpsons (well, old Simpsons) fan...

A real shame, as they woulda got a few bucks a month of me, no doubt... and it makes EA look awful... which is probably why they aren't even bothering to respond to people...

4. cobriendubs

cobriendubs Member

Nov 10, 2012
    A quick update.

EA has finally started contacting customers, telling them that the game is broken, but that their, "experts" are busy fixing it.

Considering they published a FAQ about this problem at least 6 weeks ago, the likelihood of a quick fix seems... unlikely.

They also say that customers should try and fix their issue, an issue they admit is on either end, by updating their iPhones and the App itself.

Ridiculous.