Universal Assault Vector - A space themed turn based strategy game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pkMinhas, Aug 6, 2014.

1. pkMinhas

pkMinhas Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Thanks a lot! :)

2. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
  3. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Anyone know what the "monetization changes" in the latest update means? I don't want to update to a F2P model.

4. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Hi Scott,
    I have added video ads & changed the pricing to free. Since I never planned for such a scenario, I can't turn off the ads for users who paid the full price for the game.
    If you bought this game at the full price, please do not upgrade. However, if you downloaded it during the promotion periods when it was free, please upgrade & support my efforts by watching (and hopefully clicking at) the ads.

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    What do you mean "do not upgrade?" Upgrades are automatic for most of us, and to turn them off just for one App is not a reasonable request.

You should have released a free version with ads alongside this one rather than alienating your base. You know, like you did for Android.

Looks like I may be deleting this and rating it down, depending on your reply to this.

Super disappointed.

6. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    While I did contemplate creating a separate free version, I didn't go down that route because of the fact that nobody was downloading the paid version anyways. Also, according to the analytics data available with me, there are a very few devices worldwide which are actively playing this game.

The ads can be skipped & are positioned at 2 places:
    1. A couple of seconds after the start menu loads up.
    2. Right after you clear a stage or die.

It is understandable that whoever supported the game & paid full price would be upset at the prospect of watching ads in their game and for that I apologise & am ready to offer you an ad free version via TestFlight.

7. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Thanks for the offer, yes, I would like to take you up on the TestFlight version.

I'm so sorry that mobile gamers are no longer willing to drop $1 on a quality premium game. I'm sure this was a difficult decision. Thank you for replying.

8. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Please drop me an email at [email protected]

9. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    One last thought...

I would be happy to pay another $1 to disable the ads in the new version. Any chance of offering that unlock?

of course, I have no idea how easy/difficult that may be. I don't ask this in an effort to press my point. I'm just curious if it's possible.

10. pkMinhas

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Integrating IAP would be a significant effort for me & then again it would violate the "No in-app purchases. Never ever!" promise that I made.
    As it stands right now, this is an ad-supported, free premium game. The core game remains the same & there are no timers or coin based gating mechanisms.