Modern Combat 4

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elisha11230, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If campaign looks this good, multiplayer must be kick ass. Can't wait.

Looks like deadzone will hold me over until this releases, though. Still...that gameplay is just amazing. If I can be assured that my framerate will be about 150-200% of STPs vid, AA will be added to the shadows and the water and blood effects vastly improved, I will be extremely pleased.

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think that's the GL id.

3. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    I will probably play single player for like few minutes to get used to the game and controls (if there is anything new) and I will go ahead and play MP straight away

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Man, the campaign looks amazing. This will be the game of games on iOS !! I think will actually play the whole campaign on mc4 because it looks that good and I know the mp will be incredible and console like !

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah but wasn't there someone named Downs in singleplayer?

I'll hop on multiplayer straight away and nolife the whole Thursday lol. Don't care about KDR so I can get used to the controls within multiplayer

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think so.

7. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    just saw the TA hands on ,overused lens flares<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

8. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
  9. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  10. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Well that pic looks like iap all over it so never mind then lol

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  12. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    haha, nolife the whole Thursday... that was a good one Lolavi but I think you really mean funlife it... because playing video games like Modern combat 4 is a great way to spend the day.

Has Gameloft listed the compatible devices for mc4 yet??

13. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Gameloft before you release the game, please make sure that you change the multiplayer compared to the pic posted above. Although MC3 was bad, you at least had to rank up to unlock guns. The above picture made it look like all the guns were in tally unlocked, but just at different prices. The introduction of IAP's could ruin this game.

No another note, holy sh1t. Everything from the videos looked amazing. With the discussion of the above problem, MC4 will be the BEST FPS on mobile devices.

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Nah I think since it's not the final build, but a showcase build so all are unlocked just to showcase the guns

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    True. :) Just hope I have a device that can run it without lag by then.

Also I really suggest hopping on to multiplayer straight away. I remember playing campaign first and everyone had already got to like rank 30 by then and had a huge advantage. Imagine playing against a 30 ranked r2k8sx with the bravel.

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Especially with the bigger maps... I want some sick feeds like in MC2, because players matched the size of the maps well.

Earlier today I got like a six man feed in avalanche and one of them was a dirty cross the map noscope! :) I want sniping to be like MC2! Seriously in MC2 I get noscopes easily, pick off guys instantly at point blanc range, but in MC3 I gotta stay on distance to kill people.

17. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I'm just playing MC3's campaign again to get ready for number 4's release.

This thing runs smooth as can be on my iPad 3. Anyone who says this lags on the iPad 3 needs their eyes checked. Or maybe they need to ram the troll up their arse and piss off. Obviously 4 will be more taxing graphically, but iPad 2 resolution and full effects ala NOVA 3? Sorted.

18. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    I would personally reccomend playing through the campaign first, as I think it gives you a good feel for the guns and the game. When. I got MC3 I stayed up until 2:00 AM to finish the campaign, and when I hopped on multiplayer I think it really helped me. I live in the US, so there will be people in New Zealand that have the game half a day before me. Besides, the people that will stay up on midnight release are far. I remember playing multiplayer after finishing the campaign, and I was rank 200 in the world. After almost 200 hours of playing I am ranked 10,000+. Besides, if you get on multiplayer after midnight release, the only people playing will be die hard fans that were probly rank 90 in MC3, and playing them will kill your KD/WL ratios.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Server lag online, noticeably lower framerate than iPad 4 on campaign due to retina assets and underpowered GPU. Not lag, framerate drops here and there.

And no my arse is quite content without anything rammed up it :)

20. Johnny101

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Well I'm not going to try and compete with ranking up because I know there are some diehards that will get this the very instant it comes out and won't drink water, go to the restroom, eat or sleep for 2 days just so they can rank up to 70. :D

So, I'll probably end up doing both campaign and mp. Just got to rely on smarts to play against the rank 90's