The Jackie Button - Jackie the Jokeman Martling from the Howard Stern Show.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by davecazz, May 29, 2009.

1. davecazz

davecazz Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey Guys,

Our Jackie Button app is finally approved, we are holding the launch until tuesday so we can do a bunch of promotion behind it and hopefully get a big launch. If we can get 1000 people to get it on day one, then that will be enough to get us onto the top 100 list.

The Jackie Button is our collaboration with Jackie the Jokeman Martling, the ex head writer of the Howard Stern show. it contains 68 jokes and 68 Jackie Sounds.

Why 68? because we didn't want to have 69 and get rejected by Apple!

The Jokes are all clean and safe for kids (Apple forced us, believe me, we have some pretty dark minds over here). And the Sounds are famous sounds that used to be played on the Howard Stern show of Jackies funny laughs, gufaws and other stringe noises.

If you're a Howard Stern Fan (old school fan) you'll love the App. They always talk about the Joke Master and Joke Master Junior. well, now you can see what they were talking about by getting a similar experience on your iPhone.

If you know anything about me, you'll know we support the crap out of Pocket God, I can't promise we will be adding new functionality every week, but we will be adding Jokes nearly every week and new functions every few weeks or so. We really want to built this up to be an awesome app and much more than just a joke sound board.

So, here's the deal about the tuesday release. everyone knows that the appstore is all about which list you are on. We are going to be doing a ton of promotion on Tuesday to attempt a big blockbuster launch of the application. If you are a fan of Pocket God and want to help us out, a fan of the Howard Stern Show and want to see why they rip on the Joke Master, or just a fan of some awesome jokes, help us out by spreading the word and helping us to sell 1000 of these things on Tuesday.

Its a cool app and only $0.99 and we will be updating it regularly.

2. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    yo this app is great just bpught it amazing by it please buy it for pocketgod and dave and everythimg

well i didnt get it but it will be great

3. MetroGnome217

MetroGnome217 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    is it even out yet?

4. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Haha, sounds cool. Luckily I have ONE dollar left.

5. davecazz

Patreon Indie

no, its not out yet, agent was overly enthusiastic. it will be out on tuesday.

lol

6. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Wow, this looks like an awesome app! Congrats to you guys for landing this deal. Hope you pull another Pocket God (Pocket Jackie?) :)

7. davecazz

Patreon Indie

Here are some screenshots..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. davecazz

Patreon Indie

thanks! are you guys going to be at wwdc? I'll be at the IUGO party again.

9. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Absolutely! We'd never miss a night of sponsored debauchery :) Look forward to seeing you guys there!

10. SimonWitton

SimonWitton Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Well i will buy it just because of pocket god, hopefully it will just as awesome!

11. iTom

iTom Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    me and two other friends r going to buy it the minute this app comes out looks cool

12. davecazz

Patreon Indie

13. 28JordyBoy94

28JordyBoy94 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Cairns, Australia
    hey dave i bought this to support you and bolt creative because i love pocket god. I am amazed this app is awesome. Im leaving a review on itunes now. do you have any future plans for this app.

14. davecazz

Patreon Indie

We are going to keep adding tons of jokes and possibly some other interactive features. I have to sit down with Jackie to see what we want to do next but if you have ideas. feel free to let us know.